NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Harmony 600 setup help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I just got a Harmony 600 and was wondering what you guys are telling the Harmony 600 as your "GBPVR center"? I just typed in MCE and chose any MCE station I found. I also noticed that there was actually a GBPVR selection - has anyone tried that?

Also how do I tell the Harmony not to turn off the HTPC when I press the all off button or when I switch activities which don't use the HTPC?
I have a Harmony one, great remote let down by frustrating software setup. I used the GBPVR bit and it worked fine, same as the 45 Happ remote.
However, I have to redo mine as I have a new tv etc. Just can't be ar*ed! Having to go thru page after page just to change one small setting drives me mad. 3-5 minutes of implementing a change while the software goes online etc. Get one setting wrong and you are back to a 10 minute job.

Now I just use my happ 45 button..........
I got a 650 not too long ago and I love it. I set mine as a hauppauge 1600 which is what handles my ir. The software to set it up isn't very friendly... but once I got it set then I haven't found a need to really ever mess with it.

The program asks as you set up an activity what to turn off... mine is set to only turn off the tv.
I have the xbox harmony, and used the hauppauge remote as well, then customized to my button layout preferences.

the setup is somewhat frustrating... but once its set up properly, you dont have to touch it again. I cant imagine not having a proper all in one remote ever again.