NextPVR Forums

Full Version: massive noob needs help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the title speaks the truth. i have an acer aspire 8930g with an avermedia a310 card inside. (npvr calls it AverMedia BDA digital tuner) i've scanned on every setting i can think off i've tried tons of programs in the past. and everytime i try to get my cable tv on my laptop i just give up in the end. i dont understand any of the stuff mentioned in the stickied thread in this section. and i consider myself to be pretty tech savvy computer wise but i just can't understand any of this D; i've googled a lot. i''ve found several threads here somewhat related but as i said i just cant understand any of it D:
so my question is this. can someone tell me step to step what to do to get this working?
i'm from belgium, get tv from telenet. avermedia a310 card. acer aspire 8930g. using a standard cable wire.
dimmidice Wrote:the title speaks the truth. i have an acer aspire 8930g with an avermedia a310 card inside. (npvr calls it AverMedia BDA digital tuner) i've scanned on every setting i can think off i've tried tons of programs in the past. and everytime i try to get my cable tv on my laptop i just give up in the end. i dont understand any of the stuff mentioned in the stickied thread in this section. and i consider myself to be pretty tech savvy computer wise but i just can't understand any of this D; i've googled a lot. i''ve found several threads here somewhat related but as i said i just cant understand any of it D:
so my question is this. can someone tell me step to step what to do to get this working?
i'm from belgium, get tv from telenet. avermedia a310 card. acer aspire 8930g. using a standard cable wire.

Are we talking analog or digital tv? If digital, do you have to have a subscription or is the signal free to everyone?
Reddwarf Wrote:Are we talking analog or digital tv? If digital, do you have to have a subscription or is the signal free to everyone?

it's free for all and digital
Well, if the card is installed correctly with all it's drivers and NPVR is installed, the steps would be as follows:

Start NextPVR.exe -> right-click in the NextPVR window and choose Settings -> click on Devices, then click on the device you see listed and click the button named "Decive Setup".
Leave "CI / CAM" settings to None, in Country select All countries and in region I'm afraid you'll have to try the different region choices one by one. Now click the button "Scan".

This will hopefully get you started Smile
dimmidice Wrote:and everytime i try to get my cable tv on my laptop i just give up in the end
dimmidice Wrote:it's free for all and digital
Did you really mean "cable tv"? If so, digital cable tv is DVB-C. The Avermedia a310 doesnt do DVB-C. Instead it does DVB-T, which is for receiving digital TV from an antenna.
sub Wrote:Did you really mean "cable tv"? If so, digital cable tv is DVB-C. The Avermedia a310 doesnt do DVB-C. Instead it does DVB-T, which is for receiving digital TV from an antenna.
ah that's why it wont work then :p toldcha i was a massive noob at this stuff xD. still wondering why it has a cable plug then though. thanks guys ;D