NextPVR Forums

Full Version: My Music Puts My Computer To Sleep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Actually, I don't think it's my boring music that's putting my computer to sleep.

However, I'm running NPVR 1.5.36 + patches on a Win7 x86 box. I am able to reproduce it by setting my power options to go to sleep in 5 minutes, set NPVR's screen saver to kick in at 1 minute. Play some mp3's and wait. In about 5 minutes the system would go to sleep. As soon as I woke it up, NPVR would continue to play the music.

I'm hoping that this isn't by design and NPVR will prevent the system from going to sleep when it's actually being used.
Right now I wish I could program my body to do the same... Big Grin
Cue obligatory Kenny G jokes... or Enya...
so even your pc hates your music at least it just the wife that hates mine
The next release has a fix for this.
sub Wrote:The next release has a fix for this.
A Kenny G filter? Excellent! Big Grin
As long as it doesn't filter out my Michael Bolton.Big Grin

Thanks Sub!
lol, reminds me of a bit I saw many years ago, I think it might have been on SNL Weekend Update with Dennis Miller - they showed a photo, maybe taken in Africa, I'm not sure, of thousands of people with their hands raised.... Miller's audio caption: "Raise your hand if you've ever had a song stolen by Michael Bolton"
Hey Sub,

I've upgraded to version 2.0.3 and I'm still seeing the issue. If I play an album that is longer than my sleep timer and don't disturb npvr, the computer will go to sleep. There isn't a setting somewhere in npvr that I need to tweak is there?
What I should clarify is that the audio/video go away and the computer isn't really going to sleep. I have an ATI HD5450 using the HDMI output. My guess is that the video is going to sleep and thus also suppressing the audio. I know the actual computer is still awake because when I get the video/audio to come back, the track is still playing or started another track. I checked my power saving features and couldn't see anything there to tweak. I have not checked the ATI control panel to see if there is anything in there that I should adjust.
Pages: 1 2