NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problems with nrecord
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

As the title states I'm having problems with Nrecord. On startup the service appears to be started, but the NPVR tray app utility doesn't display any tuner devices (I have a Pinnacle Dual DVB-T tuner). Restarting the NPVR recording service fixes this, but how can I fix this so I don't have to restart the service?

I have attached 2 nrecord logs files. The nrecord.log.1 file shows the error and the nrecord.log file is the log after restarting the NPVR recording service; you can see it recording 2 TV shows.

My setup is Vista, 1.5.36 with all patches applied.
Extracted from the log

2011-02-08 18:51:56.607 [ERROR][4] Error listing for recording service interface: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ExclusiveTcpListener.Start(Boolean exclusiveAddressUse)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.StartListening(Object data)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.SetupChannel()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(Int32 port)

Any ideas on why this happens and how to fix?
It sounds like you're starting NextPVR.exe before NRecord.exe is starting in the background. NRecord.exe needs to be allowed to start first.
Thanks for the reply.

I have NPVR in the startup group, so I will remove, see what happens to nrecord and report back.
Sub

Just to let you know, I was reading the thread about the background recording service .... I set the option <AllowInProcessRecording> to false and this stopped the error and problem from happening.
Phoenix_TT Wrote:I set the option <AllowInProcessRecording> to false and this stopped the error and problem from happening.
Yep, that'd do it too.