NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TV Listings 3.4 released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've just uploaded a new version of the TVListings plugin at the wiki.

Changelog:
Quote:- fixed last recording date of recording groups being displayed in utc time
- added channel names in conflict popup
- added logic to save an image from the details popup (amazon item or thetvdb episode) to the .\media\shows directory
- added option to exclude/include single character words in find more searches
- removed obsolete 'past days' config setting
- including '-' character in find more searches now
- added support for categories / genres, including display of the genre in the description, genre-based colorization of the programmes in the grid, genre-based 'find more' searches
- fixed an issue where find more results show wrong data of imported recordings
- added logic to detect renamed recording files
- added recordings panel to display upcoming recordings inside the 'now playing' area

Additionaly, there's also a new version of the XmltvExtras utility:
Quote:- added automatic detection of used xmltv files from database (no commandline parameter needed anymore)
- added support for xmltv categories (genres)

Please note the following when upgrading:
- NPVR 1.5.36 is necessary
- the new version contains skin changes, so if you're not using the default skin, please wait until your skin officially supports v3.4 of the plugin
- there's no need to overwrite an existing "TV Listings.db" database file during upgrade
- for genres/caegories, version 3.1 of the XmltvExtras is needed and needs to be run after each epg update, see the wiki page of the utility for details
- by default, the plugin sends information about the next recordings to the 'now playing' notification area on the main screen, this can be configured through the settings form of the plugin

Screenshots:
[Image: TVListings_1.jpg]
[Image: TVListings_2.jpg]
[Image: TVListings_7.jpg]

Wiki page: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...TVListings
Support forum: http://forums.gbpvr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

-alibert
Wow, this is great. Thanks Alibert!!
I'll be adding this tonite.
Alibert, thanks for keeping this work going!
Thanks for the Recordings Panel!
Alrighty, now it's looking good with the default skin!
Could I ask for a request? Is there a possibility of a selection in settings (or could you advise how to do this manually) to choose ONLY the icons in the guide (see example attached) rather than the icons and the Channel Name and the Channel Number?

If a selection in settings is possible, then can I suggest these settings?

1. Icons and the Channel Name and the Channel Number (Default)
2. Channel Name and the Channel Number
3. Icons Only.
4. Icons and the Channel Name .
5. Icons [U]and
the Channel Number [U].

Cheers again for the great Plugin.

k.
jksmurf Wrote:Could I ask for a request? Is there a possibility of a selection in settings (or could you advise how to do this manually) to choose ONLY the icons in the guide (see example attached) rather than the icons and the Channel Name and the Channel Number? k.

I think if you edit the TV Listings.xml in the default skin & find this section & change it to "1" it will probably give you what you want.

<!-- the type of the channel header (1/2/3) -->
<NamedValue name="ChannelHeaderType" value="3"/>
Hi,

I've just uploaded an updated version of the plugin at the wiki. Changes include:

Quote:- fixed a problem with the next recording panel on the nmt

-alibert
I am getting the following error.

Win7-64
NPVR 2.0.3

I am using mc2xml to grab data from schedules direct. It creates an xml file in the script directory. That xml file is used to populate the EPG. Then I ran "Update EPG" from the channels options screen.

Error connecting to database: TV Listings database not found
Exiting.

Any help would be appreciated.
Excellent. It wasn't clear that TVListings needs to be installed to use XmltvExtras utility, as that was the only utility I was hoping to use (for NEWA). Looks like NEWA doesn't read the Genre info from TVListings.