NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No sound from Live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in New Zealand, close to the author it seems.

I get no sound with live TV, DVB-T (Freeview). I do get it with the same connection on a regular TV. I do get it with the bundled software that came with my AVlabs USB tuner, but I don't like that programme and it can't cope properly.

I have installed the patches in the top thread.

Attached are the logs and a screen cap of the settings.

In HE-AAC setting I have a choice of "ffdshow Audio Decoder" only.
In AAC Audio I have "ffdshow Audio Decoder", "Nero Audio Decoder 2", "MPC - RealAudio DEcoder", and "Cyberlink Audio Decoder(KWorld)". None of them work.

I can play video I have stored on my computer in nPVR and audio works.

I'm not THAT literate at this type of stuff, so please be gentle.

I have searched on this forum to no avail for a solution.

Windows XP SP3.

Also - is there a list of keyboard commands somewhere?

Thank you.
ffdshow won't decode the HE-AAC broadcasts in NZ. I suggest you try the Monogram decoder http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/2008/01/03...der-v0900/

Martin
Thanks. But, um, how do I install that please?
It's okay, I found that SAF400 pack. Now it's all going!

Thank you.
Russ1 Wrote:It's okay, I found that SAF400 pack. Now it's all going!

Thank you.

You should use SAF5, SAF4 is too outdated now....
For me all worked well with the decoders Kworld supplied with the tuner. After seeing reports that the ffdshow decoders were the best I installed that set of decoders but lost TV sound whatever decoder I selected even with rebooting. I ended up uninstalling ffdshow and the sound returned. I am now using ffdshow from the SAF4 pack and all seems ok and still have the Cyberlink decoders from Kworld installed as well.

Chris
hoborg Wrote:You should use SAF5, SAF4 is too outdated now....

I'm too scared to touch it now!! Is SAF5 better? Okay for WXP?
My HTPC is XP based.
This one? saf500svn20110214_msvc2010.exe

Up the top of the thread it says SAF5 Beta. I'm not really a beta kind of guy :o, thus I went for SAF4.
Russ1 Wrote:This one? saf500svn20110214_msvc2010.exe

Up the top of the thread it says SAF5 Beta. I'm not really a beta kind of guy :o, thus I went for SAF4.

Yes.
I should rename it - and release it as "stable" Smile
Dont worry, i dont known about any problem is SAF5 right now.