NextPVR Forums

Full Version: dvb-epg guide listings problem & suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

so i have all my channels set to use the dvb (atsc) guide listings.
sometimes when i'm browsing through channels live and then go back to the guide listings, it seems like the guide listings for one channel have been imported onto the wrong channel number, causing the listings for that channel to be merged with another channel, and it screws things up pretty bad. i'm not sure how to fix this...

also, is there any reason why the atsc epg doesn't pull in the show descriptions as well as the names? i know this data is available from broadcast because it shows up on my hdtv when you press the info button, and the tv has no internet connection.

thankx
dumbledore Wrote:hi

so i have all my channels set to use the dvb (atsc) guide listings.
sometimes when i'm browsing through channels live and then go back to the guide listings, it seems like the guide listings for one channel have been imported onto the wrong channel number, causing the listings for that channel to be merged with another channel, and it screws things up pretty bad. i'm not sure how to fix this...
There was a bug that could cause this, and it was fixed in a patch posted in a thread a few weeks back. The fix is incorporated in the next release.

Quote:also, is there any reason why the atsc epg doesn't pull in the show descriptions as well as the names? i know this data is available from broadcast because it shows up on my hdtv when you press the info button, and the tv has no internet connection.
No real reason. I dont have ATSC transmissions in my part of the world, so its not something I spend alot of time with. I have got the basic ATSC epg working, and I'm sure I'll get descriptions going as well in some future release.
@dumbledore:

if you don't have the patches, they're in the sticky post linked below
yeah i thought i had installed all the patches. i'll double check though.

[edit] yeah my .exe says last modified feb 1st, same date as that on your .zip file in the post.
ok, you may have found one more bug with the ATSC listings. nothing to be done about it now; if it still happens on the next release in a week or so, post logs and sub will have a look.