NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recording cleanup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What rules govern the automatic cleanup of recordings?

Currently, my postprocessing script uses TsRemux to remux ts files generated by my HD-PVR (for the purpose of having files that will play back on PS3). So the end result is that, for each one of those recordings, I end up with both:

<filename>.ts
<filename>.m2ts
and a whole bunch of files that comskip generates, of various extensions.

When the automatic cleanup kicks in, everything gets deleted when it should (as per the recurring recording's retention spec) except for <filename>.m2ts. When I initially started using TsRemux to create these extra files I hoped that NPVR would just automatically manage them the way that it does all the other files, but it didn't and now I am growing weary of manually cleaning up my recordings directories.

Is there a way NPVR can just nuke everything with the same filename, regardless of extension? or some other way to configure automatic management of these extra files.

I realize I dug my own grave by getting creative with the postprocessing script but was hoping I could get thrown a bone on this one.
In Config.xml (in npvr's data directory) there is a setting:
<DeleteAdditionalExtensions>srt,txt,log,d2a,edl,csv,bat,wme,vprj,logo.txt,dvbsub,sm</DeleteAdditionalExtensions>
Here you can include m2ts and it should be deleted with the rest in the cleanup.
Excellent! I was hoping that a config option like this existed. Thanks!