NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New cable decoder Box - how do I redo USBUIRT ir codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In gbpvr there was a utility to learn these, at least the numbers.
I used the old profile for npvr, but What do I do to make a new one in NPVR? Do I need to reinstall gbpvr for this?

K
There is no USB-UIRT support in NPVR, so you need to use external tools for any setup of .exe channel changers, whether that is GBPVR or tools from the blaster manufacturer or whatever is up to you.
sub Wrote:There is no USB-UIRT support in NPVR, so you need to use external tools for any setup of .exe channel changers, whether that is GBPVR or tools from the blaster manufacturer or whatever is up to you.

HIP is a good alternative, and not that hard to set up as many people say...
Actually I am happy with the USBUIRTSEND.exe file in NPVR, which I currently use, (See other post on this, we found the exe) and my .dat file generated from GBPVR. All it needs is 0~9 and Enter, and I need to find a way to get those codes for the new box, to make a new .dat file.

I am not sure how GBPVR did it, probably called some routine, but it would be nice for that to be available as a standalone utility, because it was magic :-)

k.
jksmurf Wrote:I am not sure how GBPVR did it, probably called some routine, but it would be nice for that to be available as a standalone utility, because it was magic :-)
Sorry, it's unlikely I'd create that. I havent seen my USB-UIRT in years.
jksmurf Wrote:Actually I am happy with the USBUIRTSEND.exe file in NPVR, which I currently use, (See other post on this, we found the exe) and my .dat file generated from GBPVR. All it needs is 0~9 and Enter, and I need to find a way to get those codes for the new box, to make a new .dat file.

I am not sure how GBPVR did it, probably called some routine, but it would be nice for that to be available as a standalone utility, because it was magic :-)

k.

If you have the remote belonging to the STB, you can use HIP to detect what codes the remote sends and put them in your .dat file.
@sub - worth a try :-)
@reddwarf - penny drops! Might try it - Ta

K