NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Two BDA cap sources???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure I saw someone ask this before but can't find the post so...

Does anyone have two digital cards (DVB-T specifically) successfully working with GB-PVR? I have two Nova-t 90002 which the OS recognises and installs drivers for but whichever cap source is set to Board #1 can't fand any channels when scanning (Board #2 is fine). I can manually edit the MDB to put the channels in but then recordings on #1 produce 0KB files.

I suspect BDA support isn't quite ready for 2 boards (or two Nova-t boards at least) so it's no biggy as I don't record that many digital channels at the moment.

If anyone has had success, I'd be interested in what cards you're using and what drivers and if there were any tweaks you had to make.

Cheers,
Brian
To be honest, I've only got the one BDA device, so I've never tested two in the same machine. I've ask Krome if they can supply another one - fingers crossed.
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (sub @ Feb. 25 2005,11:56)]To be honest, I've only got the one BDA device, so I've never tested two in the same machine.
You mentioned this in a post a week or so ago so I knew this before I bought the second card. Oh well, it was worth a try!

I'm not quite sure where the issue is - whether it's a GB-PVR one or if it's a problem with the Hauppauge drivers. I know from their dig. terrestrial forum that dual Nova-t cards isn't supported with WinTV2000 and v1.3 of the drivers. Somebody posted a link to the Oz release of v1.4 which some people in the UK claim allows them to use WinTV2K and dual cards. I downloaded it and even with only one card in, GB-PVR returns nothing when trying to scan/map digital channels. I manually edited the MDB to include one channel with relevant tuning info but no Live TV and a test recording created a 0KB file.

Cheers,
Brian
I have tried it with mixed success. I initially tried with two dvico cards, one T1 and one lite. Initially I could not get it to work, I got an error when I tried to scan. Then I took out the T1 card and only had the lite installed and it scanned the channels and worked. I then reinstalled the T1 card and it still worked. After a few days it stopped working and I have not had time to try the experiment again.
Whilst it was working it worked fairly smoothly on my mediaMVP but was not very stable. On the xcard the picture kept pausing every second or so.