NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nPVR on Windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So, I'm just in the process of moving from gbpvr to npvr and sorting some hiccups out (somehow managed to kill my Hauppauge remote after replacing my 2x Nova 250s with one 500!). To feed the monster, I should have a new copy of Win7 Pro with me in a couple of days. In anticipation of that, are there any things I should know about using nPVR with Windows 7? Anything I should tweak regarding UAC or compatibility mode? Anything I should run as admin?

Ta all in advance Smile
If you have UAC enabled you should run all installation/setup as Admin. If you run the 64bit version you also should be aware of where npvr's registry settings go (if you need to access them). Other than that I can't think of anything particular for W7, it works very well for me.
Works great for me too. If you plan to use firewire channel changing, be aware that you're limited to the 32bit edition of Win 7 and you'll likely have to set your firewire card driver to Win 7's "legacy" one for it to work.
Yeah, that's something else to consider; older cards/devices may not have drivers for W7.
I am running a Windows 7 x64 home premuim,
Have a compro e700 dvt card
Can you suggest the decoder to use, to play on windows media player.
Well, nPVR seems to like 7 64bit so far. Playback is fine and 7 claims to automatically have drivers for my PVR-500, but nPVR locks up entirely when trying to scan for DVB channels. Not sure yet if it's a card driver issue or something else...
Michael.G Wrote:I am running a Windows 7 x64 home premuim,
Have a compro e700 dvt card
Can you suggest the decoder to use, to play on windows media player.

When you say dvt, do you mean dvb-t? Windows mediaplayer normally have it's own codecs, but you can try to download and install HD-Pack.
enigmo Wrote:Well, nPVR seems to like 7 64bit so far. Playback is fine and 7 claims to automatically have drivers for my PVR-500, but nPVR locks up entirely when trying to scan for DVB channels. Not sure yet if it's a card driver issue or something else...

Try to scan and post your logs (normally found in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Logs\ on W7) here.
Know which log file I should be looking in? Two things to note:
When scanning for DVB channels, it crashes so bad I have to do a full button-off and restart.
I've just been reading that the old PVR-500 Hauppauge cards really do not play well with 4GB RAM and over, and as this box now has 6, this might be the issue.
enigmo Wrote:Know which log file I should be looking in? Two things to note:
When scanning for DVB channels, it crashes so bad I have to do a full button-off and restart.
I've just been reading that the old PVR-500 Hauppauge cards really do not play well with 4GB RAM and over, and as this box now has 6, this might be the issue.

Sounds definitly like a driver issue. NPVR.log is the log that is produced by NextPVR.exe. You should also try looking in Windows Event Viewer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4