NextPVR Forums

Full Version: npvr and winxp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey,

Sorry for having been away so long. Still using gbpvr, though, and it's working flawlessly so far =) Computer has crashed, though, so I might have to get another one going here. Or a new motherboard/processor. In either case, I wonder if npvr runs on winxp, or if I'd have to upgrade windows to run it? Any other hardware requirements I should be aware of? I've run gbpvr on a winxp with 1 GB ram, would I have to go higher ram wise with npvr?

Keep up the good job!
/Stefan
I just installed NextPVR onto my Windows XP and so far it's worked.

Need to play around with the video settings I think, the video goes out of sync quickly though
Thanks. Decoder tinkering is a lot of "fun", hope you find the right setting quickly.
XP is not as good as W7 showing video, however given a lucky combination of renderer and decoder it works fine. There are issues with some devices and XP, some in this forum struggles with blasting too. But with the devices listed in your sig it should not present any unsolvable problems.
NPVR does work with XP, some have had better results than others. My experience is that NPVR works the best on W7. Also, in regards to the RAM, I have my NPVR server running on a machine with only 1 GB of ram so you should be good there unless you do alot of encoding.
Hi Stefan- welcome back!
XP does work, but 7, or even Vista is A LOT easier. Especially if you are going to do client stuff. EVR and the windows codecs are a more solid starting point , at least for US recordings. I have a similar rig as yours for a client. It works pretty well, but not as good as my main PVR rig, which has flawless video almost out of the box (on Vista) see my sig.
You will face bug in VMR9 under XP make nPVR unusable under WinXP. At last until SUB add custom VMR9 renderer Smile
hoborg Wrote:You will face bug in VMR9 under XP make nPVR unusable under WinXP. At last until SUB add custom VMR9 renderer Smile

What do you mean? VMR7, VMR9 FSE and VMR9 Custom has been aded a while ago....
Reddwarf Wrote:What do you mean? VMR7, VMR9 FSE and VMR9 Custom has been aded a while ago....

Here is whole story: (VMR7 have the same issue)
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...highlight=

With latest custom VMR9 renderer HW deinterlacing does not work, so it is still useless.
I doubt SUB will be able to fix it until he will got WinXP system (it is not possible reproduce the issue on Vista/Win7).
I think nPVR should be marked as Vista/Win7 only Smile
Reddwarf Wrote:What do you mean? VMR7, VMR9 FSE and VMR9 Custom has been aded a while ago....

But they still don't get the aspect ratio settings correct, and/or have terrible tearing. Maybe it's different for others, but for me, running nPVR and XP together just wasn't possible.
Pages: 1 2 3