NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Just how do I record with NPVR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been using GBPVR for almost 3 years now, had to reinstall Windows this morning... I log and GBPVR is no longer, long live GBPVR I guess... but now I install this new NPVR, was able to set it to work with my HDPVR, no problem, I can watch "live tv", but I can't find a way to program recordings in advance (don't want to use "tv guide" since I record analog).

How do I do that?? Thanks.
While in Recordings screen, you can press Home and get the hidden menue, from that select "Man Rec" and you should be able to set up recordings manually. May I add that it is much more convinient to use the tv-guide, and there is absolutly no reason not to use it with analog recordings.
Well, I never could find what is required to get BELL TV in Canada, so I never could use it... Sad
You should be able to subscribe to Schedules Direct to get Bell's EPG. First figure out how to use the IR blaster that came with the HDPVR to change channels on your STB and then get the free 7 day SD trial.

Martin
Why must the manual record be hidden ?
Just installed NPVR today and have to come find solutions before I know how to use it .
sonicboyz Wrote:Why must the manual record be hidden ?
Just installed NPVR today and have to come find solutions before I know how to use it .

Ya indeed, having to use a "hidden" feature to do what any other recorder programs can do... it's... lame.

NPVR (and its predecessor GBPVR) revolve around the EPG for normal and season recordings. Using manual recordings for everything sounds like far too much work and would probably be better handled by something else ???
I prefer minimalist screens, not covered in rarely used crap, so these infrequently used features are not visible by default, but you can easily get to them with either the mouse or remote or keyboard. Very few people use the manual recording feature.
I suspect the majority of users will NEVER use the manual recording feature. I've been using GB-PVR and NPVR full time for over 2 years, and it's never even crossed my mind to use it.

Also it's not really Hidden exactly. That's just the UI scheme of NPVR - the various option menus don't appear until you ask for them.
no epg is like sex without......................
Pages: 1 2