NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Does NEWA transcode as it plays files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to get to the bottom of the problems I am having with playing some recorded files that played fine under EWA in GBPVR.

Sub has suggested that NEWA transcodes files as they are played (not streamed).

Could there be something in my settings that has screwed up playing recorded files? Apart from NPVR rather than GBPVR, the other difference is that I am using SAF4 rather than the Cyberlink mux.

thanks

Greg
chuck_2330 Wrote:I'm trying to get to the bottom of the problems I am having with playing some recorded files that played fine under EWA in GBPVR.

Sub has suggested that NEWA transcodes files as they are played (not streamed).

Could there be something in my settings that has screwed up playing recorded files? Apart from NPVR rather than GBPVR, the other difference is that I am using SAF4 rather than the Cyberlink mux.

thanks

Greg

If you have VLC loaded on your NVPR host you will have an option to stream your recordings....streaming does transcode your recording to the streaming format/bitrate you select.
OK, streaming does transcode (via VLC on the server) but playing does not.

thanks

Greg
chuck_2330 Wrote:OK, streaming does transcode (via VLC on the server) but playing does not.

thanks

Greg

Correct......playing simply sends the file as-is over the network.....which can work nicley on internal home networks....but is not recommended for external access.

Streaming does transcode on-the-fly and works well internally or externernally. You just need to play around with finding the settings tht work best for your particular network capabilities.