NextPVR Forums

Full Version: SearchLite Update 1.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The SearchLite plugin has been updated to fix a few bugs and address changes in v2.0

- Alt colour key support
- Home key activates top menu
- new 2.0 Recording option (Record All Episodes, All Channels)
- improved channel icon support
- Inset video support
- Backspace on the Rewind key works on NMT/MVP
- Dot (.) movies search improved.

Download is available from the NPVR wiki http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...SearchLite

Martin
Many thanks for this.
I'm running the latest SearchLite plug-in for NPVR and most text on the initial search screen is truncated. For example, on the upper left, "Search" appears as "Searc". This is to the left of where a User types in the TV program he is searching. Are there any different skins for SearchLite or how can I make the spacing or width of boxes where text appears wider so I don't get this truncation?

I had the same problem with the NPVR TV Guide and fixed it by using a skin named Guide-4x3.xml. I am not sure why I am having this problem since my monitor is a 16:9 LED modern TV set. Playback of recordings and everything else looks ok with no truncation of text.
With a 4x3 screen it gets truncated, but I am not a good enough skinner to fix it, I am pretty sure it was working orginally but wave is far too complicated for me.

What is your UI resolution in NPVR Auto or something else?

Martin
Jaggy has kindly contributed a Default skin that works on wide screen and 4x3 monitors. Thanks once again Jaggy.

@rkircher I'd still like to read an answer to the question about your screen resolution (not aspect ratio)

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:With a 4x3 screen it gets truncated, but I am not a good enough skinner to fix it, I am pretty sure it was working orginally but wave is far too complicated for me.

What is your UI resolution in NPVR Auto or something else?

Martin

The short answer is Auto, but I don't know what Auto means and what it applies to. When watching Live TV or playing back a HD recording, I see no difference between Auto and 1920 x 1080. BUT, for NPVR generated text such as TV Guide and the SearchLite screen, I see a big difference. For example with the TV Guide, I can get much larger text that is easily read at a normal viewing distance using AUTO. The bad news with Auto in TV Guide is that it truncates text for no reason with the Default Guide.xml skin. When I switch to the Guide-4x3.xml Skin the space between the channel number and the TV station Callsign is less (less wasted space), and it all fits in the space allocated without truncation. My hardware, Windows video settings, and NPVR Settings are shown below. I don't why, but I am quite certain that if I had a 4x3 skin for SearchLite, I would have Larger and easier to see text and NO truncation of text because SearchLite, like TV Guide has wasted space that could be used to improve ease of viewing at a normal viewing distance.

My PVR is a Sony Vaio computer using a 37-inch LG LED 1080i TV set as a monitor and NPVR TV display thru the HDMI input of the TV. The TV screen physically measures 32.25 inches x 18.25 inches, so it is definitely 16:9 aspect ratio. In Windows, I have the Video Settings set at 1024 x 768 because it works the best as a monitor for anything I do on the computer, however I have a very good video card and can set it to anything including 1920 x 1080.

In NPVR, Settings => General => TV Shape I have it set to 16:9. In Settings => General => UI Resolution it is set to AUTO, but my video card and monitor will allow it to be set to anything including 1920 x 1080 which is one of the choices.
It sounds like NPVR is picking up 1024x768 which is 4:3 maybe force it to a 16:9 mode for NPVR use.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Jaggy has kindly contributed a Default skin that works on wide screen and 4x3 monitors. Thanks once again Jaggy.

@rkircher I'd still like to read an answer to the question about your screen resolution (not aspect ratio)

Martin

I downloaded and extracted the Skin.xml file in the SearchLiteSkin.7z file. To what location in my Windows file system do I put this skin file? I looked in C:\Program Files\NPVR\Plugins\SearchLite directory and the NPVR Data directory\Plugins directory, but did not find any default skin file to replace or obvious place to locate it.
Sorry that goes to

DataDir\Skin\Default\SearchLite

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Sorry that goes to

DataDir\Skin\Default\SearchLite

Martin

OK Thanks. I tried it and it makes absolutely no difference. It is always dangerous to handle two files with the same name, so I used the Cmd mode in Windows to precisely compare the file size to be sure I did not over-write one with the other, but I did not. The 4:3 that I downloaded from you is actually 81 bytes smaller and it's size is 7,827 Bytes. If you are sure that you sent a 4:3 skin, then I am as confused as ever since the 4x3 file for the TV Guide solved the problem. Of course that may have been a different problem because I could see unnecessary space between two fields of data disappear to make it fit, albeit the displayed text size also got larger.
Pages: 1 2 3