NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Bug with deleting channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but deleting a channel doesn't remove the associated recordings on the channel.

This causes quite a few issues, namely, if you readd the channel with the same name, but different mapping (like when TWC changes your mappings), it gives an exception error when you try to record a show that was set to record on the first mapping.

It seems to me that deleting a channel should remove the recordings as well.
Are you talking about pending recordings? I would be very unhappy if all my previous recordings were deleted just brcause of TV channel "REBRANDING" - which requires deleting channel & rescanning. I think 7 or 8 this year alone!
In my experience though, if I recreate the channel, the old recordings don't apply to the new channel...
Yes I just noticed this as well. I had a QAM channel listing change where several channels moved about and I deleted out the channel and recreated it as it was merged. And a couple of recordings ended up failing before I realized what was going on. even though it said it was for the same channel i guess the index number in the db was different. Although I don't know if I would say deleting is the right thing to do. But some visible way to denote that there is an error with the program because the channel is missing.