NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nPVR Recordings failing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

In the last couple of weeks I have been experiencing quite a few failed recordings. I am not sure why or how it hangs, the recordings screen does not state failed recordungs until I restart the recording service. Then recordigns are displayed as failed with the reason Recording Service not runnind. But it was running (or prehaps hung but it looks like it is running when looking at the services screen).

My setup is a bit old with P4 4 GHz with 3.5 GB RAM, the on-board graphics card (do not watch anything on the computer, it is tucked away in a cupborad. All viewing is done through NMTConfused), Win XP sp3 with all current patches. Two FloppyDTV DVB-C with CI,

I attach the logs from just now, the strange thing is that viewing other recordings through NMTConfused worked fine.

I am at the latest nPVR (2.0.3) and am running one of the latest mvpmcx2 (i think I might have missed out on the latest updates from Martin). I know I have 2 MVP servers ruinning (since we have two NMTConfused, ane A-100 and one A-110). Can perhaps lower to one if that is the culprit and we need to investigate it.

Unfortunatly I dom't think the logs contain any useful information. Not as far as I can see anyway.
All recorings from yesterday onwards have all failed.
I can't help with the Recordings failure, but it looks like TV Listings is causing a crash on the NMT/MVP UI stream

Code:
2011-03-13 20:07:32.734    [DEBUG][1]    TV Recordings: Panel: deactivating...
2011-03-13 20:07:32.734    [DEBUG][1]    TV Recordings: Calling 'PluginHelper.SetAudioDescription("");'.
2011-03-13 20:07:32.734    [DEBUG][1]    TV Recordings: Calling 'PluginHelper.ForceRender();'.
2011-03-13 20:07:32.734    [DEBUG][1]    TV Listings: Got event NOW_PLAYING
2011-03-13 20:07:32.937    [DEBUG][3]    MVP has dropped connection
2011-03-13 20:07:33.375    [ERROR][1]    Unexpected error sending frame: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: En etablerad anslutning avbröts av programvaran i värddatorn
   vid System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   vid System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer)
   vid NextPVR.MVP.MVPServerForm.SendIncrementalFrameData(Point loc, Rectangle rect)
2011-03-13 20:07:33.375    [INFO][1]    TV Recordings: Panel: deactivated.

This is similar to the crash seen here http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...f-mvpmcX2o I don't think 'PluginHelper.SetAudioDescription("") is being used the way sub designed and it is a time-bomb waiting to crash the NMT unless sub is able to control when it displays.

Martin
It may be worth having a look at this thread http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...recordings from post 8 or 9 on as what you are describing sounds very similar to what peanut was having, I don't have time to look at your logs right now, but for peanut it seemed to be when he did two recordings using his two cards at the same time that it failed.
I have removed TV Listings plugin for now. So far it looks good but only one recording has completed so far. Will try a double recording later tonight to see if that causes failed recordings.

But I think this is more related to the NMT. I upgraded to the latest TV Listings plugin when I upgraded to nPVR 2.0.3 so that could well be the culprit. I'll just wait and see.

Thanks for the help so far
Hi again

I stand corrected, it seems to be the problem in the thread listed above.

I first started to record SVT 1. Then went on to schedule SVT2. It seems that they are on the same mux (and they are not encrypted) so the started recording on the same FloppuDTV card. BUT when I started to record TV3 (an encrypted channel) nRecord crashed. Logs attached.

The recording service actually restarted a couple of times and the last time it seemed to stay on and was actually recording all three shows.
From what I have read it will do no harm to do the fix listed in that thread & almost looks like something all XP users should do. (the old files aren't deleted so the fix can be undone at any time if it doesn't work).
I have now installed the dvbfix and hope all is well Smile
I will be away for a couple of days but I'll probably get note if it does not work from wife and kids back home Big Grin
The recordgins have worked fine for almost a week now. So replacing these files did the trick.

BUT when i tried to test this and started a recording (with the status window open on the nPVR recording server via RDP) this morning (via TV guide in web GUI) the recording started fine BUT when I cancelled the recording something failed, the status window showed the recording stopping in Device 2 but the status windows hung and when I tried to close it I got an error message sayng nPVRtray had crashed. I will start a new thread because I do not think these events are linked to the previous problems.