NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 2.0.3 Single channel wont display in Live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One channel out of 16 will not display in Live TV.
Other channels, even from the same digital frequency are fine.
VLC will play the temporary replay buffer file and I can record from that channel.

Presumably it needs a particular decoder - how do I find out which?

Logs attached.
I assume you cant play recordings from that channel in NPVR either? If so, you might need to supply a small sample recording that I can try playing here.
OK, this is weird. I can play a recording from that channel, just not on Live TV.
Still want the file?
You might have to capture a minute long full transport, and make it available, so I can try live tv here.

You need to create a c:\temp\live directory, and set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NPVR\RecordFullTS=1 in the registry, then star the app, and try tart live tv on that channel, then wait a minute, then stop live tv, then put c:\\temp\\live\\full-xxxxx.ts somewhere I can download it. Afterwards, delete the registry setting.
OK, what type is the registry key, because it creates the temp file (called Live-xxx.ts) , but deletes it afterwards. I have tried REG_SZ and REG_DWORD.
I have snaffled some of that file. Its at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H7RIJAHQ

One additional fact: I have two tuners. I get the same problem whatever the priority is.
I have tried deleting the database, and re-scanning - same problem.
Its a DWORD. Its not the livetv-xxx.ts file though. This is only a partial transport stream. It needs to be the full-xxxxx.ts file.
OK, the first 25MB is at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=00FPNR56
If I set C:\Temp\Live as a video folder, I can play it.
There is more of the file if needed.
Sorry, I'd need about a minute's worth. Probably 200MB or so.
FYI - a brand new dual tuner device will not display the channel either.

Its got a SID of 1. I cant see why this would be significant, but it was a straw that floated past....
Pages: 1 2