NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Manual Recurring Recording Oddness via Web Interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I am new to NPVR.....I am just doing some basic manual recordings. If I schedule a manual recording for any time in the future it works. If I schedule a recurring recording, their is no message, but nothing is pending and the recording doesnt happen. This is over the Web interface.

For a test, I configure a manual recording for 3-4PM M-F option.

When I click on the manage recordings and select the just programmed recording in the web interface , it shows a Thursday only option (there is no M-F showing up).... and if I try and update it manually I get an error.

If I do the manual recording via the GUI native interface (which is extremely slow for me on my Atom 330)... I see the pending recordings queued up M-F correctly (web and native).

Is this a known issue with the Web interface? Makes it difficult to use the system simply for manual recordings.

Thanks for any help
Hello jt25741 (I'm emveepee from the NMT forum). The reason the interface is slow is you missed the DirectX part of the install. Check the Quick Start pages on the wiki http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...QuickStart

Martin
Hello Martin!

I am getting there.. with your help Smile Yes...the DirectX issue is the one on the native interface --thanks. Since this is a server, sitting on its own...I will want to use the Web Interface anyways... This particular recording anomaly is a bit troubling. Yet once I get my EPG stuff squared away, perhaps my recordings will not be manual and they will work via the web via that mechanism? It is easy to replicate and I wonder if anyone can give the recurring M-F manual recording a try on the Web interface and verify it is not working .....or it is something on my side?

Thanks for your continued help!
YEs....it looks like the Manual recurring recording stuff is hosed.....i'll have to work on that. Instead of doing the manual record just bring up the guide, find the show you want, go to the details and select the reucrring options there.....the recurring recordings from the guide or search results should work fine.
Ok....attached is the patch that should correct the issue.

Try it out and let me know how you make out.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:YEs....it looks like the Manual recurring recording stuff is hosed.....i'll have to work on that. Instead of doing the manual record just bring up the guide, find the show you want, go to the details and select the reucrring options there.....the recurring recordings from the guide or search results should work fine.

Thanks very much for the confirmation and reply. I need to figure out the best way to do EPG -- avoiding subscriptions....I'll be reading the FAQs .... I just came across this issue as I have no other way to schedule recording just yet, other than manually. Thanks again.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Ok....attached is the patch that should correct the issue.

Wow ..how unexpected was that...thanks...I'll try it now.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Ok....attached is the patch that should correct the issue.

Sorry, the Zip contains 2 files.... ManualRecord.aspx.cs and ManualRecord2.aspx.cs... what do I do with one or both of them?
Put them in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\NPVR\web

and restart the NPVR Recording Service.

Martin
unfortunately I did this and the problem is still there. I scheduled a weekly 1 hour recording on Sunday from 7-8pm.... and there are no scheduled/pending recordings....just like before
Pages: 1 2 3