NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Couple of minor tv guide issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple of small issues with the default guide, one has been there since the previous version of NPVR (before that I was on gbpvr), the other has aed since V2:

The one I've always had missing trailing text on the channel names in the guide: see untitled.jpg

The other is when I select a tv show the "watch" button appears in the program art.: see watch.jpg

Default skin, on a 16:9 running 720p if it helps.
For the first one, I'm modified the next release to use more space if the channel icon is not present. Channel names can obviously still be truncated like this though, since the space for showing the channel name is pretty small and some channels have long names ('Discovery Travel and Adventure' for example).

I'll take a look at that artwork overlap too.
Sub,

I'm sure I've seen it discussed somwhere but any chance of having the option to remove ch names & have ch icons only? Or too much work? Alternatively is this something possible to do by editing skin? Had a look but couldn't see ref for icon in skin? Or would editing the skin throw out the visible minutes alignment?

cheers

steeb
steeb Wrote:Sub,

I'm sure I've seen it discussed somwhere but any chance of having the option to remove ch names & have ch icons only? Or too much work?
It is something I've wanted to to do, but its not very easy to make it an option, since it requires all sorts of other elements on the tv guide screen to be moved and resized, and this type of thing cant be done dynamically with the skinning system.

Quote:Alternatively is this something possible to do by editing skin? Had a look but couldn't see ref for icon in skin? Or would editing the skin throw out the visible minutes alignment?
You can definitely change your skin files to only have a icon (its just hard if I needed to do it dynamically based on some option). You'd need to tweak a few things in the guide.xml file. Like "Channels" element to resize it smaller for accommodating only icon, then get rid of the text elements for channel number/name. You'd also tweak the size and location of the "Guide" and "GuideTimeLine" elements to make the guide slightly wider to fill in the space made vacant by the smaller "Channels" element.
sub Wrote:It is something I've wanted to to do, but its not very easy to make it an option, since it requires all sorts of other elements on the tv guide screen to be moved and resized, and this type of thing cant be done dynamically with the skinning system.

Fair do's much more important things for you to do Wink

Quote:You can definitely change your skin files to only have a icon (its just hard if I needed to do it dynamically based on some option). You'd need to tweak a few things in the guide.xml file. Like "Channels" element to resize it smaller for accommodating only icon, then get rid of the text elements for channel number/name. You'd also tweak the size and location of the "Guide" and "GuideTimeLine" elements to make the guide slightly wider to fill in the space made vacant by the smaller "Channels" element.

Excellent, all I needed to know, don't mind rummaging around 'under the hood' Big Grin Guess this:

Code:
<Element name="Channels" location="1.55,16.6" size="15.45,6.12" alpha="255" clearBeforeRender="true">
        <Rect location="0.2,0" size="99.6,100" fillColor="Channels"/>
        <Text text="@number" location="3,0" size="94,100" font="DefaultMinimum" align="Left" valign="Center"/>
        <Text text="@name" location="46,0" size="52,100" font="DefaultMinimum" align="Right" valign="Center"/>
        <Image source="@icon" location="21,2" size="26,96" fixedAspectRatio="true" />
    </Element>

is the main bit to tinker with?

cheers

steeb
Yes, you'd have to change the size of that elemement to make it smaller, remove the @number/@name text nodes, and resize the @icon to use location="5,5" size="90,90" or something like that. You'd also need to resize the other elements I mentioned to use the extra made space available by the smaller channel header.
sub Wrote:Yes, you'd have to change the size of that elemement to make it smaller, remove the @number/@name text nodes, and resize the @icon to use location="5,5" size="90,90" or something like that. You'd also need to resize the other elements I mentioned to use the extra made space available by the smaller channel header.

Cheers Sub, will have a rummage around Big Grin
The way I did for my skin was put the channel name & number under the icon so if you have icons you don't see the name & number but if you have no logo you still get the number & name

Code:
    <Element name="Channels" location="1,10.5" size="14,12.7" alpha="230">
        <Rect location="0,-5" size="103,109" fillColor="BackgroundBlue" borderColor="Black" borderWidth="3"/>
        <Text text="@number" location="0,3" size="100,25" font="SmallText" borderColor="Black" outlineWidth="1" align="Center"/>
        <Text text="@name" location="0,43" size="100,50" font="ChannelNameText" align="Center" valign="Center" wrap="true"/>
        <Image source="@icon" location="3,2" size="94,96"/>
    </Element>

the only down side to this is especially with my eight channel WS guide the logos are stretched sideways so they fully cover the text underneath because there is no mechanism in the default guide to not show the names & numbers if logos are present (unlike in the TV Listings plugin that has a Visible= for this).
Jaggy Wrote:The way I did for my skin was put the channel name & number under the icon so if you have icons you don't see the name & number but if you have no logo you still get the number & name

Code:
    <Element name="Channels" location="1,10.5" size="14,12.7" alpha="230">
        <Rect location="0,-5" size="103,109" fillColor="BackgroundBlue" borderColor="Black" borderWidth="3"/>
        <Text text="@number" location="0,3" size="100,25" font="SmallText" borderColor="Black" outlineWidth="1" align="Center"/>
        <Text text="@name" location="0,43" size="100,50" font="ChannelNameText" align="Center" valign="Center" wrap="true"/>
        <Image source="@icon" location="3,2" size="94,96"/>
    </Element>

the only down side to this is especially with my eight channel WS guide the logos are stretched sideways so they fully cover the text underneath because there is no mechanism in the default guide to not show the names & numbers if logos are present (unlike in the TV Listings plugin that has a Visible= for this).

So that's how it works!Smile I was wondering a bit, because on my rigs where I have icons there is no name or number, whereas on the one without there is channel name. Works excellent!

BTW Jaggy, have been busy so not got around to look at the latest beta yet.
Jaggy Wrote:the only down side to this is especially with my eight channel WS guide the logos are stretched sideways so they fully cover the text underneath because there is no mechanism in the default guide to not show the names & numbers if logos are present (unlike in the TV Listings plugin that has a Visible= for this).
There is a @hasChannelIcon available in the next release, so you can do something like this.