NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Any Chance EWA can work in Chrome..with IE Tab perhaps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

As I am new, experimenting and learning. I have had significant problems getting screens to show up, render cleanly in Chrome. Even with IE Tab plugin installed in Chrome -- things still don't work correctly. For instance, I can click on a EPG entry in the TV Guide, but the Record option is not there. IE8, I have no such issues.

In short...it would be fantastic if I didn't need IE just for EWA -- and if it worked in Chrome (even with IE Tab would be fine), as I use that browser 98% of the time Smile Just an RFE....thanks and appreciate any guidance or comments.

Jim
I use Firefox and Chrome pretty much exclusively, from Windows and Linux and I never had a problem finding or clicking on the recording button. Even with Android's browser I can do this although the native Android NPVR client is easier to use.

Martin
jt25741 Wrote:Hello,

As I am new, experimenting and learning. I have had significant problems getting screens to show up, render cleanly in Chrome. Even with IE Tab plugin installed in Chrome -- things still don't work correctly. For instance, I can click on a EPG entry in the TV Guide, but the Record option is not there. IE8, I have no such issues.

In short...it would be fantastic if I didn't need IE just for EWA -- and if it worked in Chrome (even with IE Tab would be fine), as I use that browser 98% of the time Smile Just an RFE....thanks and appreciate any guidance or comments.

Jim

If the Record option is not there my guess would be that your authentication cookie has been destroyed and NEWA is recognizing you as a guest.....you can see things but can't intiate anything other than playing a recorded event or viewing the EPG.

Firefox 3,4.x, Chrome 9,10 (beta) and IE 7,8 & 9 all work fine with NEWA.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:If the Record option is not there my guess would be that your authentication cookie has been destroyed and NEWA is recognizing you as a guest.....you can see things but can't intiate anything other than playing a recorded event or viewing the EPG.

Firefox 3,4.x, Chrome 9,10 (beta) and IE 7,8 & 9 all work fine with NEWA.

Thanks for your replies....I just verified chrome works fine from another client for me -- should have realized a cookie was hosed. Perhaps it was during one of the Manual Recording crashes where I got things messed up without any EPG data. I deleted all chrome cookies from that server NPVR is running...all is well on that front Smile

Thanks again