NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Watching while recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While recording a show I began to watch. About three minutes in the timer to show where I was went to 0:00 and the total time went to 0:00 too. I stopped watching. Started again and began to fast forward to where I left off. Same thing. It was about 3:00 min in.

Any ideas? Thanks!
kirschey Wrote:While recording a show I began to watch. About three minutes in the timer to show where I was went to 0:00 and the total time went to 0:00 too. I stopped watching. Started again and began to fast forward to where I left off. Same thing. It was about 3:00 min in.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Always post logs when something like this happends, or even the claivoyants can't guess Cool
When you watch a recording while it's still recording, the timeline is esimated based on the PCR values in the stream, which for some broadcasters can be wildly inaccurate. After recording it's able to use another a mechanism for determining the duration and current playback position.

As long as it works well after the recording completes, then I'm happy. During recording we're at mercy of the clock from the broadcast stream which can be good or bad, and not much I can do about it.