NextPVR Forums

Full Version: IRblaster- what exe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just moving to NPVR, and working to set up my IR Blaster (need it to talk to comcast box).

GBPVR has an included .exe; NPVR does not seem to.

I have WinTV installed, but the HCW.exe in that dir doesn't seem to work, and the IR.exe isn't the right thing to use. the NPVR config still requires me to pick an external exe it seems.

I don't have anything on c: that has "blast" in the name other than the GBPVR blast .exe that was used previously.

I checked the setup posts etc but didn't see anything. What am I missing? If the winTV executables are what I need to use I'll play with that more, but I sure want to troubleshoot the right one : )

Thanks!
Which .exe depends what sort of blaster you want to use. If your trying to use the blaster on a Hauppauge device, you're probably looking for HaupBlast.exe.

I thought I was including it in the installer, but I cant see it there, so I'll include it with the next release. In the mean time you can use the one from the GBPVR directory.
Perfect, I wasn't sure of the old version would work at all, since it wasn't in the install bundle.

Thank you for the fast reply!