NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Firewall Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 Things.

1. Can someone help with the firewall settings for my Windows 7 pro machine? I configured it too allow all traffic through npvr and all apps on 8080 and 8866, but outside the localhost EWA was blocked. I opened the firewall and everything was good. What ports and apps/services do I need to allow for this to work?

2. Would anyone mind if I created a theme for NEWA?

Thanks
In response to 1., you can check/change the setting for NEWA by going to the nPVR Settings -> MVP & Web page. By defaultt it is 8866 so if you've opened that in your firewall as you say then it should work. Does your firewall have any logs you can check?
I checked again, not sure what happened but the rule didn't stick. Thanks.
The config button in NEWA allows you to configure the allowed subnets. If your local LAN uses private IP's make sure that Internal is selected and not None. Other allowed IPs subnets would have to be added manually.

Martin
I setup a virtual server on my router and dyndns for the domain. I think it works well enough.
kirschey Wrote:2 Things.

2. Would anyone mind if I created a theme for NEWA?

Thanks

For number 2....sure go for it.....it would be nice to have a new theme. The themes for the *2.aspx pages are all controlled via CSS files......you should be able to copy a theme in the themes2 folder to a new folder and rename and start from there.
kirschey Wrote:New theme posted.
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...-Web-Admin

Thanks....posting respoonses over there.