NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NEWA same show back-to-back bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found what I think is a bug, not key but thought I should report. Can add any logs etc. if required.
If you have different back-to-back episodes of the same show (same channel) then setting the first one to record also highlights the second one. However the second one is not scheduled to record in NPVR. So it is impossible to manually set the second to record as you only then get the option to cancel it (which if you do also cancels the first). So there is a loop where the only way to record both episodes is to setup a recurring recording.
hmmmm....I am not seeing this behavoir.....what type of recording are you setting on the first event that is causing the second one to appear in a record status?
Went through example again to check and now get another slightly different outcome (though still different to through native NPVR interface).
  • Two consecutive programmes with same name on same channel (just different episodes)
  • Record the first via NEWA (default details e.g. once, 1&2 padding)
  • This also now sets the second to record as well
  • then cancelling the second though now also cancels the first.
So it is impossible to have just the first programme recorded.
I only point this out as a curiosity and not a problem that has to be fixed. Also if it is only me seeing it (and that would not be a first!) then I guess this thread can be closed.

Thanks again.
b00sfuk Wrote:Went through example again to check and now get another slightly different outcome (though still different to through native NPVR interface).
  • Two consecutive programmes with same name on same channel (just different episodes)
  • Record the first via NEWA (default details e.g. once, 1&2 padding)
  • This also now sets the second to record as well
  • then cancelling the second though now also cancels the first.
So it is impossible to have just the first programme recorded.
I only point this out as a curiosity and not a problem that has to be fixed. Also if it is only me seeing it (and that would not be a first!) then I guess this thread can be closed.

Thanks again.

Thanks....I don't use padding normally so I will try that and see if I can replicate.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Thanks....I don't use padding normally so I will try that and see if I can replicate.

Ok...still not seeing it happen....

[Image: capture329201193639pm.jpg]

[Image: capture329201193732pm.jpg]

[Image: capture329201193752pm.jpg]