NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVD Audio Renderer Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick note to say that no matter what you select for this, it always seems to use the "Default" renderer option in the graph.

I only noticed because I've been messing around with the Reclock stuff and a plugin that changes the audio renderer on the fly. I know there's a bunch of other stuff not yet implemented with DVD playback, so this is maybe just another item to go on that list...

Iain
What type of file are you using to test this exactly, and how are you're changing the audio renderer?
So far I've tried both a real disc, and a folder rip. I'll try quickly on another machine just in case it was something weird with the one I used earlier.

I'm only changing the setting by using the Settings screen.
Same issue on my other machine too.

Iain
sub Wrote:how are you're changing the audio renderer?

I'll give you another answer for this too, in case you think there's something silly in what I'm doing (but for the purposes of this thread, the change for the DVD audio renderer is just being made via Settings).

For the plugin though, it responds to your BUILDING_GRAPH event, and literally changes the value of /Settings/Renderers/AudioRenderer in config.xml (via SettingsHelper), then fires off a RELOAD_SETTINGS event. This seems to work really well, allowing dynamic switches between either "Default" or "Reclock" based on whether a .ts file is playing or not.

Iain
This should fix the audio renderer not being used for DVD.

Quote:For the plugin though, it responds to your BUILDING_GRAPH event, and literally changes the value of /Settings/Renderers/AudioRenderer in config.xml (via SettingsHelper), then fires off a RELOAD_SETTINGS event.
You dont need to do RELOAD_SETTINGS if you're setting it via the SettingsHelper.
sub Wrote:This should fix the audio renderer not being used for DVD.
Indeed it does. Many thanks.

sub Wrote:You dont need to do RELOAD_SETTINGS if you're setting it via the SettingsHelper.
Even better. Many thanks++

Iain