NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Manual Recurring Recordings "Weekly" only showing first instance in Pending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I searched around about this topic, but couldn't find anything (I'm guessing b/c most users don't set up manual recurring recordings more often?). I'm using NPVR 2.0.3 under Windows 7 and I'm trying to set up manually recurring recordings "Weekly" for programs that start on a specific day of the week in a specific time slot. The recurring recording is set up properly, but only the first instance of the show is displayed under "Pending Recordings", even though there is enough EPG data to cover the following week as well (although, since this is a manually recurring recording, I'm not sure this even matters). Are manual recurring "Weekly" recordings only for a week at a time? That wouldn't make sense to me as the option would have no meaning.

Background to this is that recently I lost my analog channels (Thanks Comcast!). I had to switch over to digital and I have a DTA connected to my tuner card. Of course, the only frequency that comes out of the DTA is for channel 3 or 4 (I set mine to 4), so until I have time for a more elegant solution, I wanted to set up the manually recurring recordings to tape shows (always recording ch 4 from NPVR's perspective), but manually changing channels using the DTA's remote to the channel I'm really recording (not a huge issue right now since I only record 2 analog channels).

Is there something I'm doing wrong (or missing) in the whole process?

(I've attached the NPVR.log zipped.)

Thanks,
tiger
Are you sure your EPG is up-to-date? Can you find it in the guide right now?

Martin
Quote: I'm using NPVR 2.0.3 under Windows 7 and I'm trying to set up manually recurring recordings "Weekly" for programs that start on a specific day of the week in a specific time slot. The recurring recording is set up properly, but only the first instance of the show is displayed under "Pending Recordings", even though there is enough EPG data to cover the following week as well
When it comes to manual recurring recordings, it doesnt matter how much EPG data you have. The only relationship it has to the EPG is that it creates the recordings at the same time the EPG is updated. When should schedule any manual recordings that'll occur in the next 10 days. So if you were scheduling the recordings to start in a few days, it might not get a second episode in before that 10 days, meaning you'd only see the first episode listed. Others would of course get created as we move through the days.
Ah, okay then, that makes sense. So, the time window is basically 10 days. I had scheduled the manual weekly recurring recording starting this coming Tuesday @ 9pm. That's a bit over 3 days away for me. So the first showed up as "pending" and the next, which is another 7 days away (over the 10 day limit), did not show up.

So, according to your comments, the other will show up in a day or so, but *not* until the EPG is updated, correct?

Thanks,
tiger
Quote:So, according to your comments, the other will show up in a day or so,
Correct.

Quote:but *not* until the EPG is updated, correct?
Yes, the scheduled recordings are always recreated as part of the nightly automated EPG update, or you can trigger it manually by hitting the 'update epg' button.
Okay, thanks, just one more question (sorry!): Is there a way to fake/fool the tuner config for the analog channels to say, have NPVR change the tuner frequency to CH 4's frequency instead of CH 40's frequency (for example), when a recording is scheduled. I'm just looking at another alternative that involves using regular scheduled recordings instead of manual recordings to do what I want. Probably not possible since I couldn't find the frequency configs anywhere, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks again,
tiger
If you're using a set top box (or DTA in this case), when you create your channels you'd set the input source to 'Fixed-Channel', and then set the channel to 4.
Thanks sub! I'll give it a try. Once again, thanks for the fantastic program and awesome support!
tiger
sub,

That worked great. Did exactly what I wanted. Thanks very much!

tiger
Great.