NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recurring Recordings OK on 1st nite, then seem to fail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've set up 4 manual recordings that seem to be OK on the first night, then fail on the second when I'm away from home. The service seems to become inactive on my laptop. I am playing with my power settings in case that's the problem.

Also would like to post a log and maybe change the default location NPVR saves to. Where are the recent logs saved to?
Post the logs and details of the recording (name/time etc), and I'll take a look.

See the sticky thread for info on where the logs are located.
OK, thanks. I got far enough to zip and post. Don't know what's supposed to be in there so zipped the entire folder.

Hope this sheds light on something.
What was the name/time of one of the recordings that failed?
First would be Leno_Band 12:30 am starts 12:26am 3/30 this am est.
A couple of other odd results are that even when a scheduled recording works, often a listing of a failed recording shows up in the "what's new" menu as well as the successful recording next to it. That and the fact that the "ready recordings" list keeps repopulating even after I have moved the recording to a new folder and then deleted all instances from the list. It's an annoying process that is repeated.

I'm running windows 7 Home Premium on a Gateway NV53 64-Bit Dual Core 2.4 4gb ram. Mobility Radeon HD-4200.
Unfortunately those logs just show you restarting the recording service a few times, over a four minute period, so doesnt cover the time the recording should have occurred. You really need to post the logs just after you notice a recording not happen, before you fiddle with too much.
Jimdish255 Wrote:That and the fact that the "ready recordings" list keeps repopulating even after I have moved the recording to a new folder and then deleted all instances from the list.
I dont understand what you mean. Describe it in more detail.
I'm not sure how else to explain that one. Recordings show up in the "ready recordings" list (you must know where that is?). I always delete or edit abd move them to a different folder. NPVR still re-lists them after I have removed them from the list. I have to keep deleting them individually to clear the list. There seems to be something stuck in a memory cache that always comes back. How can I clear the list permanently?

I'll get you a new log the morning after the next error comes up.
Are you sure you're not doing several recordings of the same shows?

Zip and attach the database next time it happens, and I'll check.