NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Genre colors not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made sure TV Listings.xml had ShowGenreColor was set to true but nothing. Is there something else I have to do?

Edit: Forgot to mention that I had installed and ran XMLTVExtras inside the scripts folder.
After about a half day it started working all by itself.?
I guess I spoke too soon. I have UpdateEPG, PostUpdateEPG.bat which contains:
Code:
XmltvExtras.exe
And XmltvExtras.exe in the NPVR/Scripts folder.
But it seems like XmltvExtras is not launching because I have no Genre colors in my guide. The only way I get colors is by manually launching XmltvExtras.exe.

Is there something else I need to do?
gonzo90017 Wrote:I guess I spoke too soon. I have UpdateEPG, PostUpdateEPG.bat which contains:
Code:
XmltvExtras.exe
And XmltvExtras.exe in the NPVR/Scripts folder.
But it seems like XmltvExtras is not launching because I have no Genre colors in my guide. The only way I get colors is by manually launching XmltvExtras.exe.

Is there something else I need to do?

Maybe put in the full path to XmltvExtras.exe?
I was never able to get xmltvextras to run from postupdateepg.bat in Win7, so I use task scheduler to run it every night after epg update. I think it's a permission thing with Win7.
Quote:Maybe put in the full path to XmltvExtras.exe?
I'll give that a try.

If that doesn't work i'll try roy's suggestion and just have it run at 2:01 am using Task Scheduler.

I wonder if it's because PostUpdateEPG isn't being run after UpdateEPG? I wonder this because if I manually double click on PostUpdateEPG XmltvExtras is updated properly.
I'd guess that when PostUpdateEPG.bat is run, it is using NPVR's directory as the working directory. Either use the full path to execute XmltvExtras, as was said above, or put cd {full path to your scripts folder} as the first line. If you use cd, you can add >>../logs/XmltvExtras.log to the line you use run XmltvExtras. That way you can have a log of what it is doing. Don't forget to roll it over or delete it periodically.