NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Lip sync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi All

have made the swap to Npvr, and is mostly working OK. The only major problem I have is major lip sync error in recorded shows. Live TV, or watching from the TV guide is fine. As soon as I start time shifting, or play back a recording , the timing goes out by seconds. I know decoders are blamed usually for this, but I started off with the same config as was working for GBPVR, and then when the problem arrived, jumped into Hoborgs SAF pack. Same result. Seems to effect all channels without discrimination (Freeview NZ)

Are there any dumb settings in the decoders that could cause this??

Cheers

Chris
upload the log file that shows the playback of the recording and this will provide more information.

As stu said, we need to know if this is DVB, sat, SD or HD.

also run npvr in a window (ALT-ENTER) and bring up task manager to show cpu load.
Hi

Thanks for the replies, OS is Vista HP, CPU XP5000+, load max out while playback @ 30%.

I presume I am using DVXA ?? Signal is terrestrial. Sound is through the Spdif out to an external amp.

Decoders...

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Have attached log showing play back of "America funiest home videos". Lip sync was out after about 5 seconds of playback.

Let me know if I need to add anything else??

Thanks
Subs usual advice is to set the audio decoder to default. perhaps try that and set default in windows control panel to SPDIF.

otherwise you likely need advice from people receiving the same TV signal as yourself.
I guess the main thing I am trying to figure out is why live TV stream from the tuner card works with the decoders as is, but the same stream ex the Hdd doesn't??

I may be over simplifying it though as it is all rocket science to me Smile
I think live tv uses the MS video AND audio decoders (on win7) which work very well together but this combo are not available to 3d party apps for playback (you cannot select MS audio decoder)

Someone with more knowledge than I should probably confirm this though as it is late and I might be talking bollox.
ffdshow mpeg2 does not use DXVA. Both Cyberlink and Arcsoft do. How do recordings play in VLC?
sorry, yes I mean set the audio RENDERER to default, not decoder.
Again, how do recordings play in VLC? If they play OK, this would eliminate CPU/DXVA issues and pin the problems on NPVR, or decoders, etc. VLC uses it's own internal filters, and does not use DXVA.
Ok, wife has taken kids and dog for walk so can play...

VLC plays files fine, no lip sync issues. By disabling audio codecs, found that I need the HE-AAC decoder in NZ. As far as I know monogram is the only option I have.

Next I picked a recording from TV3, which also has a AC3 audio stream. Couldn't select the AC3 with right click menu without Npvr crashing. Managed to get the AC3 audio working by only have that codec enabled, no lip sync problem with same recording.

So, is it monogram?? have used this forever without any issue...

As an aside, should I be able to select the audio stream on TV3 to be AC3 by default??, and I guess Npvr shouldn't crash.

Let me know if any provocation to the system is required and relevant logs..

Cheers
Pages: 1 2 3 4