NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Strange horizontal line in middle of screen when playing video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I play any kind of video in NPVR, I get a strange horizontal line in the middle of the screen. Its not a solid color.. hard to explain- almost like a ripping effect (I tried changing VSYNC options in ATI video driver, but did no good). And its not always noticeable. Has anyone else had this issue before? I'm using NPVR, SAF 5, EVR renderer, Windows XP. I'm also using older hardware which could have something to do with it; My other computers don't seem to have this issue. Also don't have this issue in GB-PVR. My specs are listed below. For more info about the older hardware you can see my other post here:

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...-etc/page2

Specs:

Athlon 64 3700+ running at 2ghz
ASUS motherboard (no onboard video)
1gb DDR ram
128mb ATI Radeon 9800 AGP
4gb flash card with IDE adapter (all video stored on server)
Some cheapo DVD drive
Antec 350w PS
Windows XP SP3
LG 42in LCD 720p HDMI connection through DVI adapter
From your description it sounds like 'tearing'. This often comes down to the video renderer and the video card.

Have you tried any other of the renderer options? Maybe try the 'VMR9 FSE' option.
Good call, Sub! VMR9 FSE works just as well as EVR, but without the tearing. The other renderers don't work at all (or are stuttery)