NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Is 25% CPU during recording normal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't remember this being the case before?

k.
Are you recording from the PVR-150 or DVB-T at the time? Post the nrecord.log and I'll take a look.
sub Wrote:are you recording from the pvr-150 or dvb-t at the time? Post the nrecord.log and i'll take a look.

pvr-150.
I can't believe that this should be a normal worth. I am just recording on the server from 2 hauppauge hvr-2200 cards (4 tuner, analog part, SoftPVR) and have a cpu usage of 4 percent. System: Win7 64, i3-550 (at idle state = 2x 1.100 MHz).
[Image: zwischenablage02i77a.jpg]

Is your system patched to the latest state: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...arted-info ?
I think it must be a bad hair day for NPVR. I rebooted the PC and it seems OK now ... sorry ... !!
Yeah, the logs look fine. I initially though I might find the logs had fallen back to doing soft encoding, but thats not the case.
Hmmm..PC went to sleep last night and woke up this am with Nrecord at 25% again.
No obvious errors in the logs. It did wake up to record something I see, but why it went to 25%? Just seems odd.
Is there anything I can check in Windows (Vista)?

ShiningDragon (Yes fully patched).

k.
just so you understand, 25% on a quad-core cpu means that it's using 100% of one core. windows bounces the thread around from core to core, so you don't see one core pegged at 100% when you look at task manager (which displays the average utilization over a few seconds), but at any given moment it's using 100% of whichever core it's on. I know this doesn't help your problem, just wanted to explain what 25% means in your situation.