NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR - Record S-video input?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been using GBPVR to record from my s-video input for some time... Its just the most stable program I've found to record from my analog inputs. (I was at version 1.4, I believe.) I saw that I've missed a few updates!!! Wink

Anyway, under devices, it recognizes my Vixs PureTV ATSC Tuner, but there are no options for recording from my analog inputs.

Its a ViXS PureTV-U 4899 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)

I still have GBPVR installed, but not running.

Any help would be appreciated.
NPVR does have analog functionality, but does depend on a Hauppauge component for this. While this was originally intended for Hauppauge device owners that had WinTV7 installed, user of other manufacturer's devices have been able to get analog working on their devices, but they've had to manually install the MainConcept mux extracted from the Hauppauge installer.

See the stick thread's section on analog. Its also described in the wiki (http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ugeSoftPVR). Basically you need to get the MainConcept mux installed on your machine, and add a section to the AnalogDevices.xml file. This file already contains entries for the commonly used cards, but unfortunately this Vixs card is not one of them - its easy enough to create this new entry though.
Excellent. Thanks for pointing those references out.

I now can see video and hear audio from my S-video input!

My next question is, How do I start recording WHILE watching LiveTV?

In GB-PVR, I used to hit ctl-K, and it would pop up a dialog asking me how long I would like to record for, and I could easily just set it for the duration I desired. I don't see anything like that in the keyboard reference.

Thanks again for your help thus far.
dcrebelxt Wrote:My next question is, How do I start recording WHILE watching LiveTV?

In GB-PVR, I used to hit ctl-K, and it would pop up a dialog asking me how long I would like to record for, and I could easily just set it for the duration I desired. I don't see anything like that in the keyboard reference.

The Keyboard reference on the wiki is still a work in progress & has quite a lot missing from it currently. I just tested it & ctl-k while watching liveTV still starts it recording it just doesn't pop up the recording popup any more, not so elegant but it works.....
Jaggy Wrote:The Keyboard reference on the wiki is still a work in progress & has quite a lot missing from it currently. I just tested it & ctl-k while watching liveTV still starts it recording it just doesn't pop up the recording popup any more, not so elegant but it works.....

Hiya Jaggy, hmmm whether to put Ctrl-K on the wiki or not at this point? Handy to have Ctrl-K but I wonder what the behaviour is without the popup? I haven't had a chance to try this. With this method will NextPVR just keep on recording for ever or just until end of show?

Sub - I know you are away but what is current behaviour with this? And will a popup make a return?

cheers

steeb
steeb Wrote:Hiya Jaggy, hmmm whether to put Ctrl-K on the wiki or not at this point? Handy to have Ctrl-K but I wonder what the behaviour is without the popup? I haven't had a chance to try this. With this method will NextPVR just keep on recording for ever or just until end of show?

Sub - I know you are away but what is current behaviour with this? And will a popup make a return?

cheers

steeb

I'v tried it, and it records to the end of show. However, it does not include what you have been watching, even if you are on timeshift.
The OSD does tell you what it is doing Recording ""..." (I've modded my LiveTV skin to be a bit bigger, it never showed enough for me) but it does creates a Recording entry and you might be able to adjust the post padding.

I like it like this but that is probably but then I never knew I could modify those in GBPVR, I guess I never wanted to.

Martin
That sucks.

I'm often times not necessarily recording "live tv" coming from my cable box. Having it think it knows what program I'm on and automatically ending wouldn't work in my case. I don't even have a guide set up. It'd be nice to be able to just set time to record (2 hour, 30 minutes (or 150 minutes.)

Hopefully this gets reimplemented sometime soon. Meanwhile, looks like I'm going to stick with the old GB-PVR.