NextPVR Forums

Full Version: recording "What would happen if..?" fails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A recording of a program titled "What Would Happen If..?" fails, (can be watched live though), and the log shows:
Invalid file passed to StartParallelProcessing(): 'E\Freeview\what would happen if..\what would happen if.._20110421_18301855.ts'

I'm guessing that the ..? is causing the problem.
(In the TVGuide.xml file the title is shown with the "..?")

Smiffy
Does the question mark show up in the filename? Did the file get created ok?
No file was created.
The folder was created, but without the "..?"
Post the logs and I'll take a look.
Only the NRecord.log.3 covers the time when it happened(attached).
If you need any more info, I'm sure I could reproduce it.
(That'll teach me to save the logs when I find a problem.)
I find a similar show in my EPG "Whatever Happened To...?" I tried a test because I know the Win32 API doesn't allow trailing dots tonight but it worked fine creating the following

C:\Recordings\Whatever Happened To\Whatever Happened To_20110422_23300000.ts

Perhaps the reason it it worked for me is an XP vs Vista difference

Martin
(I'm on XP), if I create a folder and name it "What Would Happen If.." the folder name ends up without the dots, i.e. "What Would Happen If", the same as was created by NPVR.
Yeah, ok - looks like I'll need to fix that. If you bump the thread in a couple of weeks (when I'm back in NZ), I'll provide a fix.
In the last couple of months I have tried to record The Chronicles of Narnia:...Prince Caspian on 5 occasions each time it appears to start recording then just disappears - no trace in pending new or recordings.
Last night I tried to record Indiana Jones:...Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with the same result.
This is using DVB-T epg with DVBGuide and Vista - It looks as though the file names don't like colons or ... correction just tried ... is ok in Vista : is not.

I have just checked IMDB it should actually be "and the" not ":..." looks as though the program guide is paraphrasing occasionally (is this deliberate?)
Lao Pan Wrote:looks as though the program guide is paraphrasing occasionally (is this deliberate?)

Probably. It'll be to maintain compatibility with older STBs that can't show lots of text in their EPGs or now/next boxes or something.

Iain
Pages: 1 2 3