NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Failed to start device: 0x8007001f
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After about a year of reliability with gbpvr, I have moved my card (Hauppage WinTV Nova 500) to a new PC (running XP). I also elected to load NPVR and although things are ok most of the time, I get occasional failed recording with:
2011-05-04 21:10:30.703 [INFO][6] About to start BDA graph
2011-05-04 21:10:30.703 [DEBUG][6] Starting graph...
2011-05-04 21:10:30.703 [DEBUG][6] Failed to start device: 0x8007001f
2011-05-04 21:10:30.703 [DEBUG][6] Removing filter MPEG-2 Sections and Tables

I also notice that sometimes a recording is split in two as if there was an interruption. I am not sure what the logs are telling me, so hope someone can point me in the right direction

thanks
Allan
Kissack Wrote:After about a year of reliability with gbpvr, I have moved my card (Hauppage WinTV Nova 500) to a new PC (running XP). I also elected to load NPVR and although things are ok most of the time, I get occasional failed recording with:
2011-05-04 21:10:30.703 [INFO][6] About to start BDA graph
2011-05-04 21:10:30.703 [DEBUG][6] Starting graph...
2011-05-04 21:10:30.703 [DEBUG][6] Failed to start device: 0x8007001f
2011-05-04 21:10:30.703 [DEBUG][6] Removing filter MPEG-2 Sections and Tables
Is the device functional in the new PC? Sounds like its drivers are non-functional.

Quote:I also notice that sometimes a recording is split in two as if there was an interruption. I am not sure what the logs are telling me, so hope someone can point me in the right direction
The only reason you'd get two files is if you'd restarted the recording service while it was recording, or stopped a recording and restarted it.
Hi sub, thanks for your reply. Yes the device is functional, and works 9 times out of ten from live tv and recordings. It failed again later last night and i noted tha the live tv also reported the device failed to start. I closed npvr and restarted the recording service and live tv resumed (although the recording did not restart, presumably as it was now overdue.)

to try and narrow things down, I have disable the (XP and NPVR) screen saver and ensured there is no sleep or hibernate set. I have also disabled the NPVR web server and unused plug ins (videos, pictures, dvd)

I'll keep a close eye on things as missed recordings is a nuisance! ( (perhaps the restart of recordings was induced by me in an attempt to change settings)

Allan
Looks like it could be another XP DirectX problem - NPVR seams more susceptible to it than GBPVR.

See this thread

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...recordings
Lao Pan Wrote:Looks like it could be another XP DirectX problem - NPVR seams more susceptible to it than GBPVR.

See this thread

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...recordings

Thanks, I couldnt get this working reliably in teh end and reverted to GBPVR (which is working fine). Maybe I'll try again in a release or two

Thanks for your help, and a great programm
@Kissack - Just out of curiosity, how did you configure the EPG source for NPVR? Is it set for xmltv or DVB EPG?