NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Client Server Setup - Errors and locking up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm stuck with a Server / Client install. Server works fine. Client is a laptop, but it must work, because it did with GBPVR.

For this error, I modfied the hosts files on both C & S by taking away the ::1 - No Change??

Code:
2011-05-10 10:06:00.410 [ERROR][1] Unexpected socket exception calling StartStream():  System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 203.198.80.62:8968

I've opened up the firewalls to check it all - no joy. Very frustrating. This is over wireless btw.

It seems to also get an error about no hardisk :confused:

k.
I have no idea what that error message popup is about. I dont think it'd be generated by NextPVR.exe. Have you tried googling that message?

Code:
2011-05-10 10:06:00.410 [ERROR][1] Unexpected socket exception calling StartStream():  System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 203.198.80.62:8968
You sure you've got the correct server name entered? Usually you'd either have a server name, or local ip address (like 192.168.1.x etc), rather than a public IP address like 203.198.80.62. If you're sure the address is correct (like same worked in GBPVR), and Nrecord.exe is running on the server, then it must be firewall software on either client or server getting in the way.
If 203.198.80.62 is a DNS address I suspect the problem is your client trying to resolve the hostname of the server. Did you try using the IP address on the client?

Martin
I tried 192.168.1.10 and it worked. Ended up configuring router to do the DHCP as a reserved name using MAC address.

k.
mvallevand Wrote:If 203.198.80.62 is a DNS address I suspect the problem is your client trying to resolve the hostname of the server. Did you try using the IP address on the client?

Martin

And when he says IP address he's talking about the LOCAL IP address, like 192.168.203.1 etc. Not the public ip-address.
I know that Reddwarf, but if the server is configured as

\\REDDWARF\

The name REDDWARF will get resolved by his public DNS if it is not in the Master Browser list. I am suggesting replacing this NETBIOS name with the private IP

Martin
????

That's exactly what I said, was it not? I was addressing jksmurf.... Furthermore, if you use the public IP, the communication will go via the isp's switch, with the speed of your internet connection, and not using the full bandwidth of the local network.
Reddwarf Wrote:???? I was addressing jksmurf....

Sorry I thought I was the "you" because quoted me, it makes more sense now.

Martin
Smile
Like I said, I used the router and gave the address an internal Static DHCP and a name, so the router assigns the Server name, rather than putting the IP address in NIC Properties on the Server Itself. The Router seems to be able to resolve the name to the Server IP OK. I am not sure why the Server name wasn't resolved, (which I assigned via the System properties) and which I have never changed. It only worked when I used the actual (internal) IP address 192.168.1.10.

I wonder why my system didn't resolve it for NPVR ??
Pages: 1 2