NextPVR Forums

Full Version: zero file size recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made the switch from GBPVR to NPVR a few months ago and haven't had any major problems, a simple restart of the recording service on the server got it back up and running in the past. But suddently all scheduled recordings and live-TV files are showing with zero file sizes, I can't see anything that has changed to cause this.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
In those logs it looks like your device is failing to lock onto any signal. I'd check the signal you're supplying to the device.

Quote:2011-05-17 22:15:05.534 [DEBUG][6] locked=0, present=1, strength=-23, quality=-100 (took 63ms to check)
Your transmitter hasn't gone through the digital change has it? There have been quite a few that switched over recently AFAIK.
wow, talk about an instant reply Big Grin

I was too busy checking the settings on the server and clients pcs that I overlooked checking the cable and of course it had to be the only one that had come out, plugged it in and were back in business thanks!

Now that is fixed there is another minor but irritating issue I have been having in the server/client config, the application not responding (appHang) messages on client pcs (running Windows 7) usually if there is any problem with the recording service so I close the client, restart the service on the server and load the client again like I mentioned before but sometimes it can be in the middle of recording. Would it be possible to prevent this in a future release when running as a client? for example a timeout?
Just had an appHang with live TV, I have attached the logs. Hopefully they show something useful.