NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR Crashes on Install XP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello
I recently discovered NPVR and attempted to run set up on Win XP. Each time I run the set up, the program crashes at two separate places. One is when it tries to install the "update exe" file and one other time which is unclear. I also tried running setup in safe mode with the same results. The Win XP Operating system has not been updated in a while and I am running the old ATI suite of PVR programs including Guide Plus. The Guide Plus program stopped updating TV listings as I believe they finally shut it down...it's very old which is why I came over to NPVR. The set up worked fine on a WIN 7 machine. Any suggestions?:confused:

Thank you
Check the NPVR wiki for the list of software that you need to install to run NPVR. XP users have more to do.

Martin
I checked and searched the wiki but didn't see any info specific to XP installs and related install crashes. Would you mind pointing me to a specific area or site? I am very interested in this program and would like to get it installed as soon as possible so my wife doesn't keep missing the last remaining episodes of "All My Children" (it's going off the air soon!). Please help stop the nagging!
Thank you :-)
did you install all of the things on this page http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...requisites
even if you think you have them already install anyway
OK Thank you. I will be sure all those things get installed and report back to you. If there is anything else anyone can pinpoint, please let me know here. Just wondering should I go to the old version?
everything is installed as per the web page you directed me to. still crashed as i deployed the setup. (see above) any other ideas?
Thank you
bigd Wrote:everything is installed as per the web page you directed me to. still crashed as i deployed the setup. (see above) any other ideas?
Thank you

Have you tried right-clicking on the installer and selecting "Run as Administrator"?
bigd Wrote:everything is installed as per the web page you directed me to. still crashed as i deployed the setup. (see above) any other ideas?
Thank you
What exactly do these crash messages say? post screenshots.
here are the screen shots
first two are the crashes when installing
last is when the install "completes" and i try to run the program

thank you
To be honest, I've got no idea on that one. Its not something I've come across before. I'm guessing its something to do with .net or the vcredist runtimes being broken on your machine.

Do you get any useful messages in the Windows Event Viewer?
Pages: 1 2 3 4