NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Need help with avermedia M039U
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to upgrade to the new npvr but I am running into trouble with one of my tuners.

I have my TV Wonder 650 usb working but My avermedia m039u is as usual just giving me a headache.

I have tried everything I can think of and at this point I need help thanks.
Are you trying to use this device for analog? Did it work under GBPVR for analog?

Does it work for digital?
Yes I am trying to use it for analog.
Yes It is working under gbpvr for analog with out mods just select and go, never tryed ATSC with gbpvr.
Yes under npvr the ATSC works.

I set up one channel for analog and try live view it will say please wait then go to unable to connect to recording service when I try it again right after that it will tell me no device available.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.
In the logs it basically looks like it is unable to locate the hardware encoder for this tuner. The app looks for the capture and encoder filters with a matching pin medium, but in this case it's not finding a match. This is likely happening because Avermedia have done something funny with the "pin mediums" on this driver. I would be able to force it with a patch, but unfortunately my version of that file has moved on, and is no longer compatible with 2.0.3 so you'd have to wait until the next release before I could provide that patch.
It would be awesome of you to add that to the next release if you can. I guess for now I will try useing it for ATSC and use the 650 usb for NTSC and QAM.

Thank you sub for looking into it for me.