NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to clear "Ready Recordings" and "Whats New" > Recurring Recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an easy way to clear the "Ready Recordings" Data list that appears in the Recordings Menu List? I can't figure out an easy way and I've given up on going in and individually deleting files so they just keep piling up.

:confused:
These are the lists of recordings you've made. The only way to remove them, is to click on each of them and hit 'Delete'.

If you've let it get out of control, by recording way too much, or not deleting after you watch, and you now want to get rid of heaps of recordings, then you could try just deleting the files from Windows Explorer and NPVR will fix up the list next time you visit the Recordings screen (assuming you've still got <AutoRemoveMissingRecordings> set to the default 'true' in your config.xml).
sub Wrote:These are the lists of recordings you've made. The only way to remove them, is to click on each of them and hit 'Delete'.

If you've let it get out of control, by recording way too much, or not deleting after you watch, and you now want to get rid of heaps of recordings, then you could try just deleting the files from Windows Explorer and NPVR will fix up the list next time you visit the Recordings screen (assuming you've still got [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]<AutoRemoveMissingRecordings> set to the default 'true' in your config.xml)[/SIZE][/SIZE].

The recordings have already been edited and removed from the folder. How do I make that happen?
I'm guessing your <AutoRemoveMissingRecordings> is set to false then. Check your config.xml, and set <AutoRemoveMissingRecordings> to 'true', and when the Recording screen loads next it'll clean up the database when it loads the recording list.
sub Wrote:I'm guessing your <AutoRemoveMissingRecordings> is set to false then. Check your config.xml, and set <AutoRemoveMissingRecordings> to 'true', and when the Recording screen loads next it'll clean up the database when it loads the recording list.

Maybe I wasn't clear about not knowing how to do that?

EDIT: I found the file and the line looks like this:

<AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>true</AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>
What does this mean?

<NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing>true</NoRemoveWhenTreeMissing>

Also should have mentioned that almost all of these entries are "Failed Recording" except for the ones that haven't been edited yet. I seem to get this entry even if the connection is eventually made. Any way to get that batch to delete?
Deleting the files off disk would only help 'ready' recordings, not 'failed' ones. You just have to manually delete each failed one.
sub Wrote:Deleting the files off disk would only help 'ready' recordings, not 'failed' ones. You just have to manually delete each failed one.

Ouch! But thanks for the info anyway. :eek: