NextPVR Forums

Full Version: More Frequent Failed recordings + 1 other issue of no devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm seeing an increase in the number of failed recordings. See on the log that it failed to lock in a signal for Jake and the Neverland Pirates. (for the kids, ahem)

The last four have failed to record, but I can watch that channel live no problem. On another note, with these same logs, I exited then reentered the application only to see that all of my devices are no longer listed. I check under status and no devices. I try watching live TV and it says fails to communicate... what's going on?
From your NRecord.log:

Code:
2011-05-23 07:45:49.234    [ERROR][4]    Error listing for recording service interface: [B][color=red]System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted[/color][/B]
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ExclusiveTcpListener.Start(Boolean exclusiveAddressUse)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.StartListening(Object data)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.SetupChannel()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(Int32 port)
   at NShared.RecordingService.Startup()

I've never run into that issue but this might help if sub has no other ideas: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...s.20).aspx
A common cause of failed recordings is related to this thread and fix suggested by sub
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post407445

I am pretty sure I read that sub is making this the default setting.

Martin
ydekmekji Wrote:i'm seeing an increase in the number of failed recordings. See on the log that it failed to lock in a signal

I have noticed that too lately...
jki, are you also using an HDHomeRun?
whurlston Wrote:jki, are you also using an HDHomeRun?

No, A-link and Winfast DTU. A-link have now more "unable to lock signal" fails, Winfast only some.
just to close the loop: i found that mvallevand's link solved my issue... bravo!