NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Sound but no video in Windows 7 64bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have only recently re installed NPVR on my system which I have now upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit. I have a quad core i3 processor and am using the Intel HD graphics. Everything works fine except that it does not seem to matter what renderer I choose or what codecs, I get perfect sound but no vision in Live TV mode. If I record a program - there is no video when played back on NPVR but perfect performance when played back through VLC.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
It'll probably be done to the video decoder you're selecting. If you're using DVB-T, then it'll be the H.264 video decoder. Most people either use the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder or the ArcSoft Video Decoder.
Thank you - I was sure that it had to be in the decoder settings but I have so many on the machine and obviously I didn't try the MS one in that slot. It now works as advertised.

Thankyou again
I was able to play MP4 files until last night. Now I get audio with no video the first time. I select the MP4 file again and NPVR crashes. Attached is my NPVR.log file.
Quote:2011-06-01 17:03:40.642 [ERROR][1] Error initialising Direct3D: SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3DX9NotFoundException: Direct3DX 9 was not found. Please install the latest DirectX end-user redistributable package from Microsoft. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
at D3DXCheckVersion(UInt32 , UInt32 )
at SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D..ctor()
at NextPVR.Utility.Direct3DHelper..ctor(IntPtr windowHandle, Int32 width, Int32 height)
at NextPVR.ControllerForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
2011-06-01 17:03:40.642 [INFO][1] Continuing with Direct3D disabled

Web Installer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...laylang=en

OR

Redist Package: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...ceb6d8fa8d
MP4 file used to play until last night, and nothing has changed on my system. DXDIAG says I have DirectX 11 installed.
Wakalaka Wrote:MP4 file used to play until last night, and nothing has changed on my system.
...sure Big Grin

When it comes to .mp4 files, NPVR just lets Windows Directshow take care of playback. I'm guessing something has been installed/uninstalled/tweaked causing directshow to choose different decoders.
The logs indicate directshow is picking the following decoders. I'd suspect either the 'Emuzed AAC/AAC+ Decoder TFilter' or 'ffdshow Video Decoder' is causing the problem.
Quote:2011-06-01 17:04:13.877 [DEBUG][1] Graph filter list:
2011-06-01 17:04:13.878 [DEBUG][1] - Default DirectSound Device
2011-06-01 17:04:13.878 [DEBUG][1] - EVR Renderer
2011-06-01 17:04:13.878 [DEBUG][1] - ffdshow Video Decoder
2011-06-01 17:04:13.878 [DEBUG][1] - Emuzed AAC/AAC+ Decoder TFilter
2011-06-01 17:04:13.878 [DEBUG][1] - E:\video\movies\The Hangover.mp4

Quote:DXDIAG says I have DirectX 11 installed.
The directx thing wont directly be related to your .mp4 problem, but probably indicates that your machine is unable to find the required directx runtime components, causing it to software renderer the UI instead, leading to higher CPU. You can also get this error if you're testing over remote desktop though, where directx is unavailable.
I installed the latest version of Shark007 codecs and my problem went away. It worked and then stopped working the next day. I did install a few apps, but they weren't related to video in any way.
You can try SAF6 - link below. It will set all automatically for you (including DirectX update).