NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nPVR Scan - DISEQC missing low band on Hauppauge NOVA S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have taken my time to finally start with nPVR.

The main problem: Apparently, the diseqc switching to low band doesn't work. I only get transponders above the LOF switch frequency with nPVR. Switching between positions (A/B) works. On GBPVR (same machine, same tuner) everything including low band works.

I also have some problems with scanning crashes as reported by others. I have excluded the transponders from scanning.

Any help is appreciated
newyankee Wrote:I also have some problems with scanning crashes as reported by others. I have excluded the transponders from scanning.
If you can supply sample full transport stream from one of those problem frequencies, I'll run it up here in the debugger.
The diseqc problem is the more pressing issue as I am missing a large number of channels from the low bands from two satellite positions, all below the LOF switching frequency of 11700MHz. I was under the impression that diseqc was fully implemented for Hauppauge devices for nPVR but apparently something must be missing. It did work on GBPVR, though. However, I do remember there was a similar problem at the beginning with GBPVR as well (there is a thread on this from 2005 or so ). In your part of the world, there are no or very few satellites using the full Ku-Band, so this might be related.

Thanks for your help.
As far as I remember it was fully implemented. As you say though, we dont have a lot of visible satellite signals in my part of the world, so it's not well tested.

Unfortunately I'm not well placed to look at it right now. I'm about to get on a plane in few hours, and leave the country for a week and a bit. I'm happy to look into it when I get back though.
Can you see if this makes any difference?
Just rescanned and yes, looking very good indeed. It's finding channels on the low band - just crashed halfway through the list...but I can temporarily manage that.
How do you do these things that fast?

Thanks so much
G
newyankee Wrote:Just rescanned and yes, looking very good indeed. It's finding channels on the low band
Great.

Quote:just crashed halfway through the list...but I can temporarily manage that.
If you can arrange a sample transport stream for those problem frequencies, I can check them out and fix the problem.