NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVD menu not displaying (can't see it but there)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue with the current (just updated, June 6) and the previous. Maybe a codex issue?

if I go into a dvd that I have ripped onto the hard drive (videos), some of the dvd's menus do not display/update graphic. I can tell I am in the menu as the audio is running, and if I select blindly the menu behaves, but I just can't see it. Not all DVD's show this, but some do. If I use another program, such as DVD media player classic, the menu looks ok and works properly, but not in nPVR. (does this make sense?)

any ideas?

Thanks.
Try a different video decoder. I used to have the same issue and I found that the Cyberlink decoders behave best for me.
gunterhausfrau:
That happend on Vista/Win7 when EVR is in use and DXVA is on.
You can avoid this by using for example FFDshow for DVD decoding. You can try SAF6 (link below), all is preconfigured there.
I tried to get your stand alone filters, but the website appears to be down? I'll check on the cyberlink.

Thanks for the help.
working. Had another post here, but it was nonsense. will update when I work it out.

Thanks for the help.