NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR, H264 & DXVA on Win XP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of fully moving to npvr.

I have previously used GBPVR with VMR9 custom and PDVD8 decoder for H264 and DXVA. All working on an older P4 3200 and NVIDIA 9500 GT. CPU load <10%

Now on npvr, I can't get DXVA working anymore. CPU load is constantly close to 100%. I have tested VMR9 custom, other renderes don't really work. ffdshow= no picture at all. PDVD 8 and 11 (SAF 6 unl) = no DXVA. Arcsoft = no DXVA and really bad stuttering.

What are my options?

Thanks
Guido
I think there's a different DirectX install to run. It's listed under the perquisites. This tripped me up as well....
newyankee Wrote:I am in the process of fully moving to npvr.

I have previously used GBPVR with VMR9 custom and PDVD8 decoder for H264 and DXVA. All working on an older P4 3200 and NVIDIA 9500 GT. CPU load <10%

Now on npvr, I can't get DXVA working anymore. CPU load is constantly close to 100%. I have tested VMR9 custom, other renderes don't really work. ffdshow= no picture at all. PDVD 8 and 11 (SAF 6 unl) = no DXVA. Arcsoft = no DXVA and really bad stuttering.

What are my options?

Thanks
Guido

What windows are you running?
His subject line says XP.
I'm still using WinXp with ati 4650 and have had to switch to using overlay render with the arcsoft video decoder. I get full hardware acceleration (cpu < 10%) on both mpeg2 and h.264 content with correct aspect ratios. I had to set <ForceMpgGraph>false</ForceMpgGraph> in the config and try several different mpeg splitters to get the mpeg2 aspect ratio correct. I've not had much luck with the other renders and hardware acceleration.
Hope that helps...
Northpole Wrote:I'm still using WinXp with ati 4650 and have had to switch to using overlay render with the arcsoft video decoder. I get full hardware acceleration (cpu < 10%) on both mpeg2 and h.264 content with correct aspect ratios. I had to set <ForceMpgGraph>false</ForceMpgGraph> in the config and try several different mpeg splitters to get the mpeg2 aspect ratio correct. I've not had much luck with the other renders and hardware acceleration.
Hope that helps...

I found overlay worked best for me on WinXP SP3 too. I didn't like as I couldn't get the timeline to move to the time I clicked on.

I gave up and now I am running Win 7. DVD works nicely on Win 7; < 10% load with MPEG2 TS files.
The end of many of my problems was switching to W7. I understand for many, that's not feasible but I would say that if you could, I feel confident, you would feel glad you did.
pcostanza Wrote:His subject line says XP.

Ah, I'm half blind. Yes, as others already has pointed out switching to W7 is the best solution. I had accetable results on XP running VMR7.
Thanks for the answers. Win 7 is not an option at this time. However, overlay manager did get DXVA back to work with the PDVD8 codec for H264. Don't know if or why I haven't tried overlay maneger before... Looks like mostly back to normal now.