NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Windows Sidebar Gadget
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Somewhere, down in the dark depths of history, I installed the NEWA gadget.
It has turned red, suddenly.

What is it telling me?

Maybe I am old, blind and/or feeble-minded, but I can find nothing on this gadget, and I cannot remember where I got it!

Anyone have any info?
Could it be telling you a recording is in progress?
I no longer use it and can't find it but I'm not a gadget person.
The sidebar gadget is packaged with EWA (which is packaged with NPVR). I would need to double check that this is the case, but the last time UJB and I discussed it, the plan was:
  • Gray icon on black background: All tuners sleeping.
  • Red Icon on black background: can't connect to the EWA's Services/InfoXML.aspx or no tuners found.
  • Green icon on black background: At least one tuner is recording (same as when the green tray icon lights).
  • Red background with green icon: Low disk space warning (configurable but not yet implemented).
whurlston Wrote:The sidebar gadget is packaged with EWA (which is packaged with NPVR). I would need to double check that this is the case, but the last time UJB and I discussed it, the plan was:
  • Red Icon on black background: can't connect to the EWA's Services/InfoXML.aspx or no tuners found.
  • Green icon on black background: At least one tuner is recording (same as when the green tray icon lights).
  • Red background with green icon: Low disk space warning (configurable but not yet implemented).

I'm in one of my troublesome moods Big Grin So apologies, already....

Is that packaged with EWA? Or NEWA?

How does UJB package that? I try to write about this stuff and it is very confusing for me...

If I can't help with writing it up how does a newbie cope?

Just a question... and for a change I am not being awkward Big Grin

steeb
whurlston Wrote:The sidebar gadget is packaged with EWA (which is packaged with NPVR). I would need to double check that this is the case, but the last time UJB and I discussed it, the plan was:

And I am wrong once again!:eek:
pcostanza Wrote:And I am wrong once again!:eek:

Hi Paul, and how do you feel about my post? Feel free to ignore of course Big Grin

steeb
LOL, wasnt' ignoring you at all, but I realized when I said the red was possibly showing it was recording, just how far off base I was.
I can't even find where the gadget is located to run it if I wanted to use it.
But, as far as your post, I admit, I'm confused by what you meant but assumed it was a question for whurlston. I didn't see it as 'troublesome' at all.
pcostanza Wrote:LOL, wasnt' ignoring you at all, but I realized when I said the red was possibly showing it was recording, just how far off base I was.
I can't even find where the gadget is located to run it if I wanted to use it.
But, as far as your post, I admit, I'm confused by what you meant but assumed it was a question for whurlston. I didn't see it as 'troublesome' at all.

Hi Paul, troublesome mood, but not being troublesome Big Grin

Kind of aimed @ UJB and Whurlston, but kind of not! I'm just trying to get a handle on how we can make this better for the community. Of course UJB and Whurlston know 'how it works'. You as end user and tester with feedback 'know what could work better'. Me as writer know nothing Big Grin

steeb
steeb Wrote:I'm in one of my troublesome moods Big Grin So apologies, already....

Is that packaged with EWA? Or NEWA?
Both. It was in EWA since before build 79 (2009-01-11).
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Date: 2009-01-11 Build Number: 79 Changes:
  • MixMan: Added Mayhem3 EWA Theme as standard Table Based Theme.
  • whurlston: Updates to the GBPVR Vista Sidebar Gadget.
  • UncleJohnsBand: Update Statistics page page to provide install link for GBPVR Vista Sidebar Gadget if client PC is running Vista.
  • UncleJohnsBand: Update the Cancel button in Manage Recordings and Details pop-up to be a red.
  • UncleJohnsBand: Added ability for users to turn off the Ajax based calls that are causing some users issues.

Quote:How does UJB package that? I try to write about this stuff and it is very confusing for me...

If I can't help with writing it up how does a newbie cope?

Just a question... and for a change I am not being awkward Big Grin

steeb
There are two ways to install it:
whurlston Wrote:If you are running Vista, there is a Sidebar gadget included in EWA.

Browse to the GBPVR program folder
Browse to web\Services\Installs\Vista
Double click "GBPVR.gadget"
Select "Install"

The icon will be grey when idle, green when recording and red when it can't communicate or there is low disk space (configurable). The flyout will give additional information like which tuners are recording, etc. It can be configured for low disk space warnings and can also be run on a client machine to monitor a GBPVR server.

EWA must be running on the target machine.

And there is also a link in the Statistics page of EWA.

pcostanza Wrote:And I am wrong once again!:eek:

Not necessarily. Red "G" means recording. Red background means low disk space. He didn't say which it was.
Big Grin
whurlston Wrote:Both. It was in EWA since build 79 (2009-01-11). It was listed in the changelog.

There are two ways to install it:

And there is also a link in the Statistics page of EWA.

Not necessarily. Red "G" means recording. Red background means low disk space. He didn't say which it was.

Mr W Big Grin

perchance I may be in one of my more benevolent moods Big Grin

For that read (Whurlston, know where you are coming from!)

But your mind is sooo huge dare I say sometimes you forget about the little people (like me?)

Is this EWA or NEWA? You find the distinction and tell me where the wiki is wrong?

Don't read through it, read it!

Big Grin

Thanks W

Steeb
Pages: 1 2 3