NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Oooh, pretty - What did you use to get the information for diaplaying art/info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post412710

Also has anything thought of trying to add plex media server support - if not for playback, but for it's media collection facilities. It has an open API.
Everything shown there is available from thetvdb. Grabbing it is no big deal, I already get the cover art with imageGrabLite as part of the recording process and I leave the links to banners and fanart in the xml file. If a plugin needs it I can download.

Martin
These looked like movies images on video files rather than recorded tv.
I was thinking the recordings screen. Movies images usually come from themoviesdb.org and imageGrabLite supports that too. There are IMDB scrappers but themoviesdb is legal and it is pretty complete.

Martin
I got most of my artwork and metadata by pointing Ember Media Manager (EMM) at my media directory and telling it to download.
Ok, might have to look at that. Plex doesn't allow me to export and keeps everything in a DB. But it works well with an apple tv and iphone.
Please excuse my ignorance but are the fan art references for a video .ts file listed in it's corresponding .xml file and if so what is the syntax used? ... Or is it embedded in the video file or both.
Northpole Wrote:Please excuse my ignorance but are the fan art references for a video .ts file listed in it's corresponding .xml file and if so what is the syntax used? ... Or is it embedded in the video file or both.
There is a few formats supported. I've attached one example I had handy.

It uses fanart.jpg for backgrounds, or folder.jpg for posters. Tools like EMM can get all this for you.
I thought Ember Media Manager is now defunct.

For movies, I use http://www.mediacentermaster.com/ but am hoping I can eventually ditch this and go with an entirely npvr image grabber such as Martin's imageGrabLite.
gEd Wrote:I thought Ember Media Manager is now defunct.
I dont know - maybe. It was a long time since I downloaded it. It still seems to do a pretty good job.
Pages: 1 2