NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Getting Started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

So I have my GBPVR all setup on the PC and everything looks great ! . I decided to go the MVP route, so I have purchased one ( it's in the back of the car as a type ), but I have one question - do I need to install the Hauppauge software which accompanies the unit first , or will it just connect to the GBPVR and go ? Is there anything else I should do before trying to connect it up ??

Thanks, Vit
As long as you have a router so the MVP can get an IP address and start an MVP GBPVR server you can just plug it in and go. GB-PVR will have the firware to upload to the MVP to get things going for you.
Thanks jquinlan [Image: smile.gif]
Actually I think you do need to install the MVP Software initially and utilize it to apply updates to the MVP from Hauppage.  After the unit is updated you can turn of the Hauppage MVP services and let the GBPVR Service run things.

To auto-activate a MVP service in GBPVR you should set the auto-start MVP services to 1 in the configuartion app.

See these links for a bunch of tips from tipstir:
Daily MVP Tips

Media MVP 1000

This link address hits on alignment on TV's:
Media MVP screen alignment problem

Here are in-line instructions for adjusting position:
Look in your gbpvr root directory for Config.xml
Settings are in your Config.xml right click on the file and choose edit, scroll down to you see MVP or the below is for NTSC

<MVPWidth>620</MVPWidth>
<MVPHeight>420</MVPHeight>
<MVPOffsetX>42</MVPOffsetX>
<MVPOffsetY>42</MVPOffsetY>

or

<MVPWidth>620</MVPWidth>
  <MVPHeight>410</MVPHeight>
  <MVPOffsetX>42</MVPOffsetX>
  <MVPOffsetY>42</MVPOffsetY>

I would also recommend using the Digital Plus - Platinum Skin....it is very smooth...
Digital Plus Platinum Skin
Thanks for this - I tried it tonight and I did seem to have some problems with Live TV ( losing connection to the recording service and not being able to re-establish). I'll try the update.

BTW , do you know if the MVP outputs RGB over the scart by default ? ( I have a Netgem settop box, setup for RGB, and the picture from this definately seems to have a brighter sharper colours than the MVP ).
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (vitesse pilot @ Mar. 01 2005,00:59)]Thanks for this - I tried it tonight and I did seem to have some problems with Live TV  ( losing connection to the recording service and not being able to re-establish).  I'll try the update.

BTW , do you know if the MVP outputs RGB over the scart by default ?  ( I have a Netgem settop box, setup for RGB, and the picture from this definately seems to have a brighter sharper colours than the MVP ).
The UK (European) MVP has RGB & Component via SCART. I believe the US version only has S Video & Composite.

I am in the UK and have my MVP pass thru my Netgem and get RGB fine on both.

Cheers

Alan
So do you find a colour difference between the MVP and the Netgem - one slighty brighter than the other ?
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (vitesse pilot @ Mar. 01 2005,10:13)]So do you find a colour difference between the MVP and the Netgem  - one slighty brighter than the other ?
I only use the MVP for Music & Pictures, so I cant really compare with the Netgem which I rarely use as it is just back up for when my Sky+ box is recording 2 progs. THen I either watch via the Netgem or rec to DVD.

Cheers

Alan