NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recordings plugin - very slow to enter.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm finding the recording plugin very slow to enter, and very slow to switch between what's new and ready recordings.

Could this be because it's checking the existence of video files (and there are a bunch over the network).

Here's a log anyway.

Once other place I've noticed slowness - and probably isn't just a change in when the acknowledgment is posted, is starting a recording (from tv guide). The programme used to change colour pretty instant, whereas now I assume it's waiting to find if the tuner has started. It's probably a perception thing but it's up around the 2 seconds before the colour changes.
psycik Wrote:Hi

I'm finding the recording plugin very slow to enter, and very slow to switch between what's new and ready recordings.

Could this be because it's checking the existence of video files (and there are a bunch over the network).

Here's a log anyway.
Yeah, it'll be the checking to see if the file still exists. This is fine on local drives, but can be slow on network drives - particularly if you have lots of recordings on network drives. There isnt a lot you can do about this though, other than setting <AutoRemoveMissingRecordings> and <CheckForRenamedRecordings> to false in config.xml

Quote:Once other place I've noticed slowness - and probably isn't just a change in when the acknowledgment is posted, is starting a recording (from tv guide). The programme used to change colour pretty instant, whereas now I assume it's waiting to find if the tuner has started. It's probably a perception thing but it's up around the 2 seconds before the colour changes.
I just tried this here, and it was pretty much instant for me. Maybe half second tops. Is it consistently around 2 seconds for you? If so, I can probably add some loggin to see why.
sub Wrote:Yeah, it'll be the checking to see if the file still exists. This is fine on local drives, but can be slow on network drives - particularly if you have lots of recordings on network drives. There isnt a lot you can do about this though, other than setting <AutoRemoveMissingRecordings> and <CheckForRenamedRecordings> to false in config.xml

Great, I'll get those turned off....I suspect they were in my gbpvr setup. While I'm asking about command line options, I wonder if they could be a command line option that I could run periodically. It was something I did miss, but having them turned off, as occasionally in a fit of saving space, I'll remove recordings from the disk, and then manually have to clean them from the recordings. Or is this something I could do by modifying the config.xml file? If the config file is modified, what is needed to be restarted, or done, to force it to check and remove from the db, any expired recordings?

sub Wrote:I just tried this here, and it was pretty much instant for me. Maybe half second tops. Is it consistently around 2 seconds for you? If so, I can probably add some loggin to see why.

Yeah seems to be. I wondered if you'd changed the "change tv guide colour" code to after the recording has started.