NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVB-S2 ini settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to understand how to configure the DVB-S2 tuning file. The dvb-S seems simple enough (TP frequency,Polarisation,FEC) and I have had no issues entering or editing these settings for specific needs. However I am not understanding the additional data that exists in OPTUS D1 DVB-S2 Test(160.0E) ini file. I am attempting to tune to different transponder but don't understand (or know how to source the additional data that appears to be needed.

Any help appreciated
If you do a forum search on the word "pilot" you'll find some info on the bit mask used for holding the pilot/rolloff/modulation values encoded in this field.

What DVB-S2 device have you got? Some dont require this extra info. Some others dont support S2 in GBPVR/NPVR since they use proprietary tuning extensions.
Thanks Sub, I'll look at that. "Pilot" might explain why "DVB-S2" got no hits Smile. My card is a HVR4000. BTW I can't seem to find out how to edit my signiture to add this to it. I can "edit my profile" where there are ways to change fonts and colours etc. but I can't see how to edit my sig.
Also of note is that some devices (in this case the HVR-4400) don't need these parameters, but not providing them makes channel changes slower, as if the device is working them out each and every time. Providing them speeds things up significantly.
It's taken me a while to get my head around this but have succeeded in working out the last digits Smile Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Sub